Yet Another Looney Tunes revivial incoming! - Forum.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Toonatic  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 12:32:28 AM(UTC)
Toonatic

Groups: Registered, Researcher
United States

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Good news today!!!:

https://deadline.com/201...os-animation-1202407762/

"Warner Bros Animation is creating a new series of short-form cartoons based on the studio’s iconic Looney Tunes Cartoons franchise featuring the likes of Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck and the gang that will harken to the original Looney Tunes theatrical shorts. The studio said today multiple artists will produce 1-6 minute shorts “written” and drawn by the cartoonists allowing their own personality and style to come through.

The plan is to produce 1,000 minutes each season, with the content to be distributed across multiple platforms including digital, mobile and broadcast.

“The Looney Tunes are one of the most beloved group of animated characters in the world,” said Sam Register, president of Warner Bros Animation and Warner Digital Series. “Looney Tunes Cartoons places these characters into the hands of some of the best artists in the business and into an animated shorts format that will remind many of the time when they first fell in love with Bugs, Daffy, Porky and the rest of the gang.”

The series will be produced by Warner Bros Animation and features veteran Looney Tunes voice cast members including Eric Bauza, Jeff Bergman and Bob Bergen. Register and Peter Browngardt are executive producers."
thanks 2 users thanked Toonatic for this useful post.
VoiceTalentBrendan on 6/12/2018(UTC), WaltWiz1901 on 6/13/2018(UTC)
wiley207  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 1:29:08 AM(UTC)
wiley207

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 26 post(s)
And according to Jerry Beck, this is to be somewhat akin to "The What-a-Cartoon Show" in production style. This could be fun!

I'm also hoping for audio post-production they get Robert Hargreaves and DigiPost.TV to do it, as they seem to have the complete classic Treg Brown WB sound effects library in their archives, compared to Advantage Audio and their H-B sound effects, or Audio Circus (remember how they made the Road Runner zoom along to H-B jet sound effects?)
And if they have to have the animation done overseas (several "What-a-Cartoon" shorts did so as well), I hope they get Toon City Animation or Lotto Animation to do it, instead of just relying on Rough Draft Korea and Yearim Productions (though to be fair, for the second season of "New Looney Tunes" they dropped Rough Draft in favor of Snipple Animation, who turns out surprisingly good work.)
nickramer  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 10:43:03 AM(UTC)
nickramer

Groups: Registered, Researcher

Was thanked: 211 time(s) in 174 post(s)
While I'm a bit nervous about this as I'm sure some people are going to get carried away (Would anyone really want to see a rabbit vomit?), I would like to see Charles Brubaker do one as he's already starting to get well-known in the comic strip community and he has a bit of knowledge of these characters.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 12, 2018 10:13:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified