Disney discussing John Lasseter's return after sabbatical arising from... - Forum.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PopKorn Kat  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 5:32:53 AM(UTC)
PopKorn Kat

Groups: Registered, Researcher, Administrators, Moderator, Beta Tester
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 306 time(s) in 229 post(s)
After a six-month sabbatical arising from allegations from sexual misconduct, Disney is considering bringing Pixar and Walt Disney Animation Studios head John Lasseter back to the company in a role that would give him "less managerial power but full creative influence over the studio’s considerable animated projects," according to a report at Tomb at the Cartoon Monkey.

http://tombcartoonmonkeyskeleton.blogspot.com/2018/05/john-lasseter-returns-to-house-of-mouse.html
Mesterius  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 8:07:07 AM(UTC)
Mesterius

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PopKorn Kat Go to Quoted Post
After a six-month sabbatical arising from allegations from sexual misconduct, Disney is considering bringing Pixar and Walt Disney Animation Studios head John Lasseter back to the company in a role that would give him "less managerial power but full creative influence over the studio’s considerable animated projects," according to a report at Tomb at the Cartoon Monkey.

http://tombcartoonmonkeyskeleton.blogspot.com/2018/05/john-lasseter-returns-to-house-of-mouse.html

It's a bit misleading to say that the report is at Tomb of* the Cartoon Monkey (the current blog of former TAG leader and blogger Steve Hulett). The actual report is this article in the Wall Street Journal. Hulett is just quoting a small part of a Yahoo article – which refers to the original WSJ report – in his blog post.

It IS interesting to read Hulett's thoughts, especially in lieu of him actually working at Disney back when Lasseter was there originally. But right now, he's just speculating like everybody else.
thanks 1 user thanked Mesterius for this useful post.
PopKorn Kat on 5/17/2018(UTC)
nickramer  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 10:54:37 AM(UTC)
nickramer

Groups: Registered, Researcher

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 193 post(s)
Yeah, but I'm worried about a certain SOB of an animation historian (who I wonder about) will continue to brew fuel to the fire about John (pun not intended). Not to mention fans that are now cautioned of him. Also, I hate to hear any stories if someone like Tex Avery had these issues as well (one of the many reasons why I'm glad the Internet didn't exist back then).

Edited by user Saturday, May 19, 2018 10:09:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

nickramer  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 9, 2018 10:25:40 PM(UTC)
nickramer

Groups: Registered, Researcher

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 193 post(s)
It looks like John is going to leave in December: http://www.msn.com/en-us...ear/ar-AAyp8Gq?ocid=iehp

I'm a bit worried that the quality of both studios will decline when he leaves. And I hope that one animation news mogul is happy (see if I buy his Kimball book).

Edited by user Saturday, June 9, 2018 10:28:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified