Vintage "Sunday Funnies" book - Forum.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Stormyme  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 3:03:32 AM(UTC)
Stormyme

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

I have been to a few forums looking for help. Sorry if this isn't the right type forum but maybe someone knows what I am looking for? Any help would be worshipped. ;)

OK So here is a book given to my uncle from well-known cartoonists like Tack Knight and Willie Smith. I went through the family photos and found a couple shots of him with the above cartoonists and included them in a photo. The book is in great shape and I randomly chose pages and took pictures. The book is 11" x 15" and 1 inch thick. Is this something a collector would want?

[img=http://s170.photobucket.com/user/TrulyStormy/library/sunday%20funnies[/img]

Edited by user Tuesday, May 15, 2018 3:31:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DevonB  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 3:44:56 PM(UTC)
DevonB

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Stormyme Go to Quoted Post
I have been to a few forums looking for help. Sorry if this isn't the right type forum but maybe someone knows what I am looking for? Any help would be worshipped. ;)

OK So here is a book given to my uncle from well-known cartoonists like Tack Knight and Willie Smith. I went through the family photos and found a couple shots of him with the above cartoonists and included them in a photo. The book is in great shape and I randomly chose pages and took pictures. The book is 11" x 15" and 1 inch thick. Is this something a collector would want?

[img=http://s170.photobucket.com/user/TrulyStormy/library/sunday%20funnies[/img]

The "Ralph Wolfe" signature is intriguing. Wolfe was at Warners during the 1930s as a gagman and illustrated a Porky Pig coloring book. Of course, Chuck Jones named the character Ralph Wolf after him.