Does Anyone Knew if There's Interlacing in Platinum Collection and Mouse... - Forum.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Blob55  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2017 5:12:08 AM(UTC)
Blob55

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I mean any for of interlacing, as well as blended frames. The player I use (Power DVD) keeps on having issues with deinterlacing cartoons, where whenever I got to a different video, the settings reset. I also can't try other players, since this is the only one I can find that works with blu-ray and actually plays retail discs.
Mesterius  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2017 5:43:33 AM(UTC)
Mesterius

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Blob55 Go to Quoted Post
I mean any for of interlacing, as well as blended frames. The player I use (Power DVD) keeps on having issues with deinterlacing cartoons, where whenever I got to a different video, the settings reset. I also can't try other players, since this is the only one I can find that works with blu-ray and actually plays retail discs.

Not that I know for CERTAIN, but I can't imagine that there's video interlacing in any of the main feature cartoons on the Platinum Collection or Mouse Chronicles Blu-rays. The shorts on these collections were restored in high definition from original film elements. And I certainly haven't noticed any interlacing so far (I own the three Platinum Collections, though I probably haven't watched all the shorts on them yet).

The bonus cartoons may be a different question, because they are often sourced from unrestored NTSC TV prints etc. But as I said, you shouldn't have any problems with the main presentation of restored cartoons.

Edited by user Thursday, November 30, 2017 5:46:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Mesterius for this useful post.
PopKorn Kat on 11/30/2017(UTC)
Blob55  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2017 7:49:23 PM(UTC)
Blob55

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mesterius Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Blob55 Go to Quoted Post

Not that I know for CERTAIN, but I can't imagine that there's video interlacing in any of the main feature cartoons on the Platinum Collection or Mouse Chronicles Blu-rays. The shorts on these collections were restored in high definition from original film elements. And I certainly haven't noticed any interlacing so far (I own the three Platinum Collections, though I probably haven't watched all the shorts on them yet).

The bonus cartoons may be a different question, because they are often sourced from unrestored NTSC TV prints etc. But as I said, you shouldn't have any problems with the main presentation of restored cartoons.

OK, thanks. I noticed that at least one of the behind the toons shorts was deinterlaced since the DVD release.

I really hate interlacing and for some reason some cartoons for GC Volume 1 are interlaced, despite Wikipedia only mention Volume 2 interlacing issues.