"Boomerang Looney Tunes" special channel in Italy - Forum.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cool_Cat  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 25, 2017 2:17:12 AM(UTC)
Cool_Cat

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/28/2015(UTC)
Posts: 163
Italy

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Turner is going to launch in Italy a pop up channel replacing the time shift version of Boomerang from December 11 to 17 all about Looney Tunes.

Right now I have no idea how many classics there will be, because last year in the Tom and Jerry channel they repeated the same shorts, while on the Scooby Doo channel last June they aired all the old series during the night.

Worst case scenario is they air the HD restored versions like in late 2015, because the copies they have are heavily censored (and by that I mean very heavily). But since 2016 they started using the old versions they always aired, for the YouTube channel, the pop up T&J channel and some Road Runner short as a filler, all without cuts.

On the Italian version of Boomerang we haven't seen Looney Tunes on a daily basis for seven years and a half, so I hope this is good news.

I know many of you are gonna ask me about the B&W Porky Pig shorts because of the soundtrack, and I can tell you the only one which has it altered is Fish Tales. Everything else (like Porky's Hired Hand, Picador Porky, etc) have the original audio opening/closing.

They also have some (and I mean not all) politically incorrect short, like A Feather in His Hare and such, so if they manage to air everything during the night I'll be very happy. I'll post more info as soon I get them.

And yes I'll record everything, even with the English track.
thanks 2 users thanked Cool_Cat for this useful post.
PopKorn Kat on 11/25/2017(UTC), Jason Todd on 11/25/2017(UTC)
Blob55  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2017 8:06:39 PM(UTC)
Blob55

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/14/2014(UTC)
Posts: 188

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Wait, so they show BW cartoons there? For as long as I can remember, they never showed the BW LTMMs here in the UK, at lest not since the late 90s.

Edited by user Thursday, November 30, 2017 8:07:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cool_Cat  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 4:57:34 PM(UTC)
Cool_Cat

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/28/2015(UTC)
Posts: 163
Italy

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Yes in Italy they show the B&W Porky shorts.

EDIT: If you don't believe me :P

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Edited by user Friday, December 1, 2017 8:59:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Cool_Cat for this useful post.
Toadette on 12/1/2017(UTC), PopKorn Kat on 12/2/2017(UTC)
Cool_Cat  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 2, 2017 2:04:48 AM(UTC)
Cool_Cat

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/28/2015(UTC)
Posts: 163
Italy

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Sorry if I double post, but here's the promo:



No classics shown on the promo (those clips you see are from the feature lenght films) but that still doesn't mean anything.
LuckyToon  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 2, 2017 5:19:23 AM(UTC)
LuckyToon

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered, Researcher
Joined: 12/14/2014(UTC)
Posts: 509
Man
United States

Thanks: 33 times
Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Cool_Cat Go to Quoted Post
Yes in Italy they show the B&W Porky shorts.

EDIT: If you don't believe me :P
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage


But they even showed colorized versions too.

Thankfully with the recently Porky 101 DVD (despite its flaws), you can now buy the shorts in B&W, but of course it will only ship in the US and not in Italy unfortunately. :(
PopKorn Kat  
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 2, 2017 5:31:04 AM(UTC)
PopKorn Kat

Rank: Administration

Groups: Registered, Researcher, Administrators, Moderator, Beta Tester
Joined: 1/29/2015(UTC)
Posts: 887
Woman
United States
Location: Inside a computer (on the West Coast)

Thanks: 661 times
Was thanked: 251 time(s) in 188 post(s)
This may have been asked before, but do the black-and-white Porky shorts have the same errors on Porky Pig 101, or are they absent? (Given that it looks like they used older prints, I'm assuming they're absent.)
Cool_Cat  
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 2, 2017 6:43:51 PM(UTC)
Cool_Cat

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/28/2015(UTC)
Posts: 163
Italy

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Only Fish Tales had the wrong opening cue. Anything else had the correct opening.
thanks 1 user thanked Cool_Cat for this useful post.
PopKorn Kat on 12/2/2017(UTC)
LuckyToon  
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 1:54:02 AM(UTC)
LuckyToon

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered, Researcher
Joined: 12/14/2014(UTC)
Posts: 509
Man
United States

Thanks: 33 times
Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Cool_Cat Go to Quoted Post
Only Fish Tales had the wrong opening cue. Anything else had the correct opening.


Except for the redrawn print which has the correct opening theme.
WaltWiz1901  
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 6:00:34 AM(UTC)
WaltWiz1901

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/25/2017(UTC)
Posts: 173
Man
United States

Thanks: 108 times
Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LuckyToon Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Cool_Cat Go to Quoted Post
Only Fish Tales had the wrong opening cue. Anything else had the correct opening.


Except for the redrawn print which has the correct opening theme.

That's bizarre; why would they replace the soundtrack on the original black-and-white version, while it's alive and well on an edited print, which is redrawn colorized?
LuckyToon  
#10 Posted : Monday, December 4, 2017 7:26:38 AM(UTC)
LuckyToon

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered, Researcher
Joined: 12/14/2014(UTC)
Posts: 509
Man
United States

Thanks: 33 times
Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WaltWiz1901 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LuckyToon Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Cool_Cat Go to Quoted Post
Only Fish Tales had the wrong opening cue. Anything else had the correct opening.


Except for the redrawn print which has the correct opening theme.

That's bizarre; why would they replace the soundtrack on the original black-and-white version, while it's alive and well on an edited print, which is redrawn colorized?


The reason is because the redrawn version was made around the 60's or 70's, so there for the full original soundtrack with the original opening music cue is used in the cartoon. The current print of Fish Tales is a 90's print that WB created to used for the computer-colorization at that time, but the problem is that it mistakenly had the opening music for "Rover's Rival" put over the opening titles for this cartoon.
Cool_Cat  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2017 12:09:03 AM(UTC)
Cool_Cat

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/28/2015(UTC)
Posts: 163
Italy

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 36 post(s)
They're gonna air classics ALL THE DAY!!!

I can't tell if there are gonna be Porky cartoons because they're labeled under "Looney Tunes" in the programming, along with Pepe, Foghorn and one shots, but there should be.

Anyway, I'll FINALLY be able to collect a lot of unreleased shorts I haven't seen in ages. Thanks Turner Italy :)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Cool_Cat for this useful post.
PopKorn Kat on 12/6/2017(UTC)
Mesterius  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2017 1:55:17 AM(UTC)
Mesterius

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/14/2014(UTC)
Posts: 140

Thanks: 34 times
Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Cool_Cat Go to Quoted Post
Thankfully with the recently Porky 101 DVD (despite its flaws), you can now buy the shorts in B&W, but of course it will only ship in the US and not in Italy unfortunately. :(


Uh, but Amazon ships worldwide, doesn't it? (Unless the issue is that you want pressed discs rather than DVD-Rs.)

Edited by user Wednesday, December 6, 2017 1:56:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cool_Cat  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2017 2:12:46 AM(UTC)
Cool_Cat

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/28/2015(UTC)
Posts: 163
Italy

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Yea, I bought it on Amazon and I got pressed discs too.

But anyway, I'm specifically looking for the Boomerang Italy copies which I haven't seen in over 7 years, so I'm glad this happened.
Mesterius  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2017 2:47:12 AM(UTC)
Mesterius

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/14/2014(UTC)
Posts: 140

Thanks: 34 times
Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Cool_Cat Go to Quoted Post
Yea, I bought it on Amazon and I got pressed discs too.


Oh, okay. But why did you say the set only ships in the US and not in Italy then?
LuckyToon  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2017 3:50:32 AM(UTC)
LuckyToon

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered, Researcher
Joined: 12/14/2014(UTC)
Posts: 509
Man
United States

Thanks: 33 times
Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mesterius Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Cool_Cat Go to Quoted Post
Thankfully with the recently Porky 101 DVD (despite its flaws), you can now buy the shorts in B&W, but of course it will only ship in the US and not in Italy unfortunately. :(


Uh, but Amazon ships worldwide, doesn't it? (Unless the issue is that you want pressed discs rather than DVD-Rs.)


Didn't you read online that it would only be shipped in the US and Canada? That's according to Jerry Beck and Warner Archive.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 6, 2017 3:51:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mesterius  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2017 6:33:17 AM(UTC)
Mesterius

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/14/2014(UTC)
Posts: 140

Thanks: 34 times
Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LuckyToon Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Mesterius Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Cool_Cat Go to Quoted Post
Thankfully with the recently Porky 101 DVD (despite its flaws), you can now buy the shorts in B&W, but of course it will only ship in the US and not in Italy unfortunately. :(


Uh, but Amazon ships worldwide, doesn't it? (Unless the issue is that you want pressed discs rather than DVD-Rs.)


Didn't you read online that it would only be shipped in the US and Canada? That's according to Jerry Beck and Warner Archive.


That only goes for Warner's own web shop. As I already said, Amazon has the set too and they ship internationally. (The reason Jerry Beck recommended to pre-order from Warner's web shop was that you would then be guaranteed to get pressed discs rather than DVD-Rs.)

And honestly: How on earth do you think Cool Cat was able to place his order –- as he mentions above – if Amazon didn't ship internationally?
Cool_Cat  
#17 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2017 8:55:56 PM(UTC)
Cool_Cat

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/28/2015(UTC)
Posts: 163
Italy

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Picador Porky had the original opening cue at the correct pitch. Ask me privately and I’ll send it to you.
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error