Who animated that?- Page 2 - Forum.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Toadette  
#21 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2015 5:41:22 AM(UTC)
Toadette

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered, Researcher
Joined: 12/14/2014(UTC)
Posts: 1,002

Thanks: 455 times
Was thanked: 230 time(s) in 191 post(s)
What was Art Davis's scene in Scrap Happy Daffy?
ibcf  
#22 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2015 4:17:26 PM(UTC)
ibcf

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/6/2015(UTC)
Posts: 30

Thanks: 27 times
Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Toadette Go to Quoted Post
What was Art Davis's scene in Scrap Happy Daffy?

I'd *guess* he animated Daffy starting to list the various scrap items, and the glasses gags when he fights the Nazi goat. He might have done the Hitler scene as well. Thad or Steve Hartley would probably know for sure!
thanks 1 user thanked ibcf for this useful post.
Toadette on 5/2/2015(UTC)
Toadette  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 5:37:13 AM(UTC)
Toadette

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered, Researcher
Joined: 12/14/2014(UTC)
Posts: 1,002

Thanks: 455 times
Was thanked: 230 time(s) in 191 post(s)
I just heard back from Steve Hartley! Here's what he had to say:
Quote:
I'm not so certain on the Hitler scene, but the other scenes you mentioned to me does strike me as Davis' work. As for the Hitler scene, I have speculations that it might be Cal Dalton's work, particularly shot of him trimming the carpet..as Dalton tended to draw his characters looking meatier, but this is only guesswork.
thanks 1 user thanked Toadette for this useful post.
ibcf on 5/6/2015(UTC)
ibcf  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 2:25:48 PM(UTC)
ibcf

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/6/2015(UTC)
Posts: 30

Thanks: 27 times
Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Toadette Go to Quoted Post
I just heard back from Steve Hartley! Here's what he had to say:
Quote:
I'm not so certain on the Hitler scene, but the other scenes you mentioned to me does strike me as Davis' work. As for the Hitler scene, I have speculations that it might be Cal Dalton's work, particularly shot of him trimming the carpet..as Dalton tended to draw his characters looking meatier, but this is only guesswork.

Could be Dalton! I only guessed Davis because he did the Hitler scenes in Plane Daffy and Tokio Jokio.
ibcf  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2015 6:52:58 AM(UTC)
ibcf

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/6/2015(UTC)
Posts: 30

Thanks: 27 times
Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Anyone know what John Sibley animated in How to Ride a Horse or Der Fuehrer's Face?

Edited by user Wednesday, May 13, 2015 6:53:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Toadette  
#26 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2015 7:31:42 AM(UTC)
Toadette

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered, Researcher
Joined: 12/14/2014(UTC)
Posts: 1,002

Thanks: 455 times
Was thanked: 230 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Does anyone remember Thad's breakdown for "Tale of Two Mice"? I would like to know exactly who did what, but the video has been taken down.
ibcf  
#27 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2015 7:08:10 AM(UTC)
ibcf

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/6/2015(UTC)
Posts: 30

Thanks: 27 times
Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Toadette Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone remember Thad's breakdown for "Tale of Two Mice"? I would like to know exactly who did what, but the video has been taken down.

I think I remember some of it:

Cat chasing mouse, slamming into wall: Izzy Ellis

Costello running in, talking to Babbit: Art Davis

"Ain't gonna do it": Izzy Ellis

Costello marching out, trying to get back in: Dick Bickenbach and Art Davis (I think), can't remember the exact scenes

Babbit sees Costello charging, uses rubber band: Cal Dalton

"My mother told me there'd be days like this:" Dick Bickenbach

Cat chasing Costello back into hole: Can't remember

Plane sequence: Dick Bickenbach (I know he did the cat at least)

Pulley sequence: Cal Dalton

Cat struggling in ropes, stalking Costello: Dick Bickenbach

Babbit trying to get Costello's attention: Can't remember

Costello dancing on cat's paw: Dick Bickenbach

Costello trapped behind claws, Babbit reacts: Cal Dalton

Cat tosses Costello up: Izzy Ellis

Ironing board, Costello running to hole: Unidentified

Costello running inside hole to ending: Art Davis
thanks 1 user thanked ibcf for this useful post.
Toadette on 7/3/2015(UTC)
ibcf  
#28 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2015 9:07:30 AM(UTC)
ibcf

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/6/2015(UTC)
Posts: 30

Thanks: 27 times
Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Does anyone know what Chuck Jones animated in "Porky and Gabby"?
magnil  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2015 2:48:44 PM(UTC)
magnil

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/11/2015(UTC)
Posts: 18
China
Location: Beijing

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ibcf Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know what Chuck Jones animated in "Porky and Gabby"?


Just re-watched it, and the last scene where Gabby patted Porky laughing at the truck driver could be Chuck Jones's animation. The way Gabby bent his hand looks simliar to Chuck's other scenes. A lot of poses in this cartoon looks like to be drawn by Chuck, like Gabby got hit by a pan and showed his unhappiness by holding his head, but it also could be other animators animating them based on Chuck's character layout. I'm not quite confident with my assumption.
thanks 1 user thanked magnil for this useful post.
ibcf on 7/31/2015(UTC)
magnil  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2015 3:50:07 PM(UTC)
magnil

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/11/2015(UTC)
Posts: 18
China
Location: Beijing

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Does anyone know what Jim Tyer animated in his MGM days?

It seems that the only scenes confirmed as Jim Tyer animation were the two short scenes near the end of The Pups' Picnic(1936), according to the draft (he's credited as Tyre in the draft). He tried to keep characters on model and the movement was quite lame.

Any help will be appreciated.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 28, 2016 9:42:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ibcf  
#31 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2015 6:12:21 AM(UTC)
ibcf

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/6/2015(UTC)
Posts: 30

Thanks: 27 times
Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: magnil Go to Quoted Post
Just re-watched it, and the last scene where Gabby patted Porky laughing at the truck driver could be Chuck Jones's animation. The way Gabby bent his hand looks simliar to Chuck's other scenes. A lot of poses in this cartoon looks like to be drawn by Chuck, like Gabby got hit by a pan and showed his unhappiness by holding his head, but it also could be other animators animating them based on Chuck's character layout. I'm not quite confident with my assumption.
Thanks magnil!

Originally Posted by: magnil Go to Quoted Post
Check out these frames below, the way he drew faces was much like he used in some Famous Popeye shorts. I heard Jim Tyer left MGM around the spring of 1937 (from old GAC forum), so he had a chance animating on this short. I believe this has to be Jim Tyer animation, if not, who else could it be?
Bob Jaques might know.
ibcf  
#32 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2015 10:30:12 AM(UTC)
ibcf

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/6/2015(UTC)
Posts: 30

Thanks: 27 times
Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Did Chuck Jones animate these scenes from "Porky & Daffy"?

Solid pelican beak drawings:

UserPostedImage

Jones-ish expression on the rooster:

UserPostedImage
DevonB  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 6:58:02 AM(UTC)
DevonB

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/12/2015(UTC)
Posts: 66

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ibcf Go to Quoted Post
Did Chuck Jones animate these scenes from "Porky & Daffy"?

Solid pelican beak drawings:

UserPostedImage

Jones-ish expression on the rooster:

UserPostedImage


Not sure about the first, but the second looks more like John Carey's animation to me.
thanks 2 users thanked DevonB for this useful post.
Toadette on 8/19/2015(UTC), ibcf on 8/19/2015(UTC)
ToonStar95  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 7:11:34 AM(UTC)
ToonStar95

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered, Researcher
Joined: 9/30/2014(UTC)
Posts: 526
Man
United States

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 117 time(s) in 93 post(s)
I can name some modern animators' scenes from more recent movies.

- For "Winnie the Pooh", Andreas Deja did a scene of Owl and Tigger together when Owl describes what the Backson is ("So what does dis Backson look like?").

- For "Get a Horse!", director Lauren MacMullan said she animated one scene at the beginning, where Horace is walking toward the camera waving for Mickey.

- In the commentary for "Toy Story 2", they said that the late Glenn McQueen did the Prospector's rant ("I'll tell you what's not fair..."). CG is tougher because the character models are the same in every shot.
Toadette  
#35 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 12:02:28 PM(UTC)
Toadette

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered, Researcher
Joined: 12/14/2014(UTC)
Posts: 1,002

Thanks: 455 times
Was thanked: 230 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Was the next-to-last scene in "The Unruly Hare", with Bugs jumping off of the train, stumbling across the tracks, and making his quip about nonessential travel, animated by Cal Dalton? I notice how Bugs looks shorter in that scene, not to mention plumper—a Dalton trademark—and rather simple-looking (if not unappealing).
DevonB  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 12:09:46 AM(UTC)
DevonB

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/12/2015(UTC)
Posts: 66

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Toadette Go to Quoted Post
Was the next-to-last scene in "The Unruly Hare", with Bugs jumping off of the train, stumbling across the tracks, and making his quip about nonessential travel, animated by Cal Dalton? I notice how Bugs looks shorter in that scene, not to mention plumper—a Dalton trademark—and rather simple-looking (if not unappealing).


Certainly looks like Dalton to me!
thanks 1 user thanked DevonB for this useful post.
Toadette on 9/15/2015(UTC)
ibcf  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 3:25:24 PM(UTC)
ibcf

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/6/2015(UTC)
Posts: 30

Thanks: 27 times
Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Art Babbitt is (in)famous for his five-fingered Goofy in "Baggage Busters." Would it be safe to assume he also animated the scenes in "Goofy's Glider" and "The Art of Self Defense" where Goofy has five fingers?

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
magnil  
#38 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2015 9:07:40 AM(UTC)
magnil

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/11/2015(UTC)
Posts: 18
China
Location: Beijing

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I would say yes for that two 5-fingers sequences in "Goofy's Glider". Probably not all scenes but Art Babbitt at least should have animated the vast majority of them, scenes that Goofy drags the rope, Goofy jumps over the rope and then dances, Goofy tried to get up on the flying seat, Goofy falls on the cannon, looks very restrained and analyzed, and the timing matches Art Babbitt's other Goofy animation from this period. Also I noticed that Art seems always draw the shoes in a very three-dimensional manner, and the others tend to draw flatter, longer and more simplified (are those opening scenes of Goofy animated by Woolie ?).

UserPostedImage


I'm not sure about "The Art of Self Defense". But judging by shoes, I would agree that Art had a chance animating the opening scenes, though the limbs look longer and move freer than his Goofy animation a year ago. I think the slow motion scene is also probably animated by Art, as you can see the shoes suddenly changed from "no-heels" to "with-heels".

UserPostedImage


Just my two cents.

Edited by user Friday, October 2, 2015 9:09:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked magnil for this useful post.
Toadette on 10/2/2015(UTC), ibcf on 10/2/2015(UTC), PopKorn Kat on 10/2/2015(UTC)
ibcf  
#39 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2015 11:39:46 AM(UTC)
ibcf

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/6/2015(UTC)
Posts: 30

Thanks: 27 times
Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: magnil Go to Quoted Post
I would say yes for that two 5-fingers sequences in "Goofy's Glider". Probably not all scenes but Art Babbitt at least should have animated the vast majority of them, scenes that Goofy drags the rope, Goofy jumps over the rope and then dances, Goofy tried to get up on the flying seat, Goofy falls on the cannon, looks very restrained and analyzed, and the timing matches Art Babbitt's other Goofy animation from this period. Also I noticed that Art seems always draw the shoes in a very three-dimensional manner, and the others tend to draw flatter, longer and more simplified (are those opening scenes of Goofy animated by Woolie ?).
Good observation on the shoes! I'd guess Woolie did animate the opening scenes; he seems to put extra details on Goofy's muzzle.
thanks 1 user thanked ibcf for this useful post.
magnil on 10/3/2015(UTC)
ibcf  
#40 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2015 10:09:30 AM(UTC)
ibcf

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/6/2015(UTC)
Posts: 30

Thanks: 27 times
Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Does anyone know who animated the dragon from "So Dear to My Heart"?
UserPostedImage
Users browsing this topic
4 Pages<1234>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error