Offering *all* the special discs, one last time!- Page 3 - Forum.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Steve Stanchfield  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2017 1:00:42 PM(UTC)
Steve Stanchfield

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 388 time(s) in 117 post(s)
Originally Posted by: zurk Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Paul Penna Go to Quoted Post

I can't tell you how grateful I am for all the special sets you're produced over the years (and I'm pretty sure I got all of them, plus their Blu-Ray upgrades) and how much I appreciate all the work and time you put into them. Looking forward to the "official" releases you'll be coming up with! Thanks, Steve.

Yes, thanks Steve, for making these cartoons possible for all the rest of us to see. Looking forward to Cartoon Commercials Volume 2, and (hopefully) Stop Motion Marvels blu-ray upgrade!

The Stop Motion Marvels set will happen- but the other irons in the fire need to go away first! Funny enough, it's going to be an easier set in some ways- between one archive, my collection and a few folks I know, we have all the films for it=- sp way less hunting!
thanks 6 users thanked Steve Stanchfield for this useful post.
PopKorn Kat on 8/8/2017(UTC), dbear on 8/8/2017(UTC), Toadette on 8/8/2017(UTC), zurk on 8/8/2017(UTC), sfish on 8/8/2017(UTC), curiouser1228 on 8/13/2017(UTC)
curiouser1228  
#42 Posted : Sunday, August 13, 2017 2:16:23 AM(UTC)
curiouser1228

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I just got my special sets earlier this week. I personally ordered several discs (there were 15 in this package) so I know that Steve has been inundated with requests. I haven't had a chance to watch any of them yet, but know that they were worth the wait.

I am so thankful that he offers these special sets full of things that won't get a regular release. It will be the only way I get to see them, I'm sure. I'm happy to support his efforts and will continue to do so.

My mother always said, "Patience is a virtue and virtue is rewarded." I think that certainly applies here. :)
thanks 2 users thanked curiouser1228 for this useful post.
zurk on 8/13/2017(UTC), sfish on 8/13/2017(UTC)
titanic  
#43 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 3:04:18 AM(UTC)
titanic

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I wanted to ask, has anyone who lives in Europe received any of these yet?

I'm a bit worried because something changed here with our customs in the summer and now we get delays of 1-3 months, and a huge amount to pay for import fees.
Although I'm not sure if this package would go through customs. I have ordered only one disc.
Duck Dodgers  
#44 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 3:48:41 AM(UTC)
Duck Dodgers

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: titanic Go to Quoted Post
I wanted to ask, has anyone who lives in Europe received any of these yet?

I'm a bit worried because something changed here with our customs in the summer and now we get delays of 1-3 months, and a huge amount to pay for import fees.
Although I'm not sure if this package would go through customs. I have ordered only one disc.

I live in Italy, I am waiting from many, many months.......

Chrisron  
#45 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 4:24:42 PM(UTC)
Chrisron

I don't know what postal service Steve is using, but I see more and more people from Europe that haven't got what they ordered. I know it's not the Norwegian customs/postal service that's the problem, since everything I order from around the world except from Steve arrives safely.

Yuletide flickers and Thunderbean Thursday 2016 has been sent to me 3 times, but none have arrived. I eventually got a refund on Yuletide though.

Then the Abbott and Costello set DID arrive on the first try so that was great.

After that nothing. Grand Old Toons and Popeye/Boop has not arrived. Are those the only 2017 releases? If not then even more has not arrived.
Wolfie  
#46 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 9:11:54 PM(UTC)
Wolfie

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Chrisron Go to Quoted Post

I don't know what postal service Steve is using, but I see more and more people from Europe that haven't got what they ordered. I know it's not the Norwegian customs/postal service that's the problem, since everything I order from around the world except from Steve arrives safely.

UK checking in here - similarly, 2017 has been a particular difficult year for Thunderbean DVDs to get through to me. I think we all know it's not Steve's fault, but I don't know what the best solution would be, either. After all, adding a courier option would raise the total price too much. Maybe going the "Fulfilled by Amazon" route is the future? I don't know...
ParamountCartoons  
#47 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 3:41:04 AM(UTC)
ParamountCartoons

United States

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Wolfie Go to Quoted Post
Maybe going the "Fulfilled by Amazon" route is the future? I don't know...

Unless it's an official set (both PD and licensed), I don't think it's a good idea to go to the "Fuffilment by Amazon" route on special sets given the selection of a handful of shorts on the special sets.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 20, 2017 4:07:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked ParamountCartoons for this useful post.
curiouser1228 on 9/20/2017(UTC)
Wolfie  
#48 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 7:11:25 AM(UTC)
Wolfie

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ParamountCartoons Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Wolfie Go to Quoted Post
Maybe going the "Fulfilled by Amazon" route is the future? I don't know...

Unless it's an official set (both PD and licensed), I don't think it's a good idea to go to the "Fuffilment by Amazon" route on special sets given the selection of a handful of shorts on the special sets.

True, yes - this would only work for official releases, and maybe even then it would be more trouble (and costly) than it's worth. I don't think there's a single perfect solution for all of Steve's projects, unfortunately.
RandCanuck  
#49 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 11:49:11 AM(UTC)
RandCanuck

Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I'm in Canada, and am awaiting quite a few discs, some (like Yuletide Flickers) ordered last year.

The problem, in many cases, isn't the postal service. It's the sender continuously being delayed. For months.
Steve Stanchfield  
#50 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 9:38:06 PM(UTC)
Steve Stanchfield

I'm sorry to keep people waiting for so long on so many things. All the rest of the out of country stuff went last week; the cost of postage sometime has delayed sending all of them (the postal bill was over $400 for this last batch). Email me if there are things you're waiting for; there weree at least 6 orders to Norway, one to Italy, quite a few to Canada and the UK. I've found that packages seem to not make it often to Italy, Mexico and Argentina; sometimes I get one back damaged, but usually I don't get back at all. I'll make sure to get you what you ordered, and so sorry to all that haven't received them as of yet..

Edited by user Friday, September 22, 2017 9:40:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kristjan  
#51 Posted : Saturday, September 23, 2017 5:36:51 AM(UTC)
Kristjan

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Steve Stanchfield Go to Quoted Post
I'm sorry to keep people waiting for so long on so many things. All the rest of the out of country stuff went last week; the cost of postage sometime has delayed sending all of them (the postal bill was over $400 for this last batch). Email me if there are things you're waiting for; there weree at least 6 orders to Norway, one to Italy, quite a few to Canada and the UK. I've found that packages seem to not make it often to Italy, Mexico and Argentina; sometimes I get one back damaged, but usually I don't get back at all. I'll make sure to get you what you ordered, and so sorry to all that haven't received them as of yet..

Don't for get Iceland. :)

Me thinks that the customs of those countries just confiscated these packages maybe they think its illegal. As for the Icelandic customs, I do know they have confiscated illigal goods but I have never heard of them confiscate DVD-R disc sice those are not illegal its more I think that if they will stall and delay any order that they cannot find the bill as they cannot calculate the customs. They are supposed to let pepole know when they cannot find the bill. but thats not allways the case. In lest 2 cases they failed to inform me. Once when I ordered a DVD from Europe. and the other time was it when I ordered from you it was round the time I moved houses. You probably recall what happend there.

So I have few suggestion on what could be done regarding these problems.

One way would be making all none-official set as digital download viva internet. So no disc have to be sent. That could be done viva password encryption. Or something similar. I think people can with correct info create their own dvd-r discs.

Edited by user Sunday, September 24, 2017 12:01:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Steve Stanchfield  
#52 Posted : Sunday, September 24, 2017 1:42:38 AM(UTC)
Steve Stanchfield

Originally Posted by: Kristjan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Steve Stanchfield Go to Quoted Post

A package just went to you today Kristjan! Thanks for the orders and please let me know when it arrives. Cheers from the States!

titanic  
#53 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 1:36:29 AM(UTC)
titanic

Originally Posted by: Kristjan Go to Quoted Post

Greece too! ;-)
Paul Thrussell  
#54 Posted : Wednesday, September 27, 2017 8:53:35 AM(UTC)
Paul Thrussell

Canada

Ordered a few for the first time awhile ago from Canada. Not sure if it went through properly, but I did get an email from PayPal so I'd imagine so. Kind of fun to think that one day when I'm not expecting it I'll have a bundle of mystery goodies waiting for me in the mailbox. :)
Chrisron  
#55 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 8:34:08 PM(UTC)
Chrisron

Yuletide flickers and Thunderbean Thursday 2016 has been sent to me 3 times, but none have arrived. I eventually got a refund on Yuletide though.

Then the Abbott and Costello set DID arrive on the first try so that was great.

After that nothing. Grand Old Toons and Popeye/Boop has not arrived. Are those the only 2017 releases? If not then even more has not arrived.

Steve sent everything again after reading this and everything arrived safely, so I’ve got hours of fun ahead of me!

I have since found out that Hollywood Rarities has been sent out to people as well, and I haven’t got that either, but that may have been sent out recently, so I don’t look at it as missing yet. :)
titanic  
#56 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2017 7:33:55 PM(UTC)
titanic

Still waiting here in Greece for one disc.

Just a note:
I don't know how much more I should wait until it is considered lost, but if you're gonna send it again, please make the package look like something regular, like a gift from a friend (I mean, no company labels on the package or any money receipt).
We have problem here with customs.
Everything gets stuck, and also they overprice items to get the fees.
Paul Thrussell  
#57 Posted : Tuesday, October 31, 2017 3:32:25 AM(UTC)
Paul Thrussell

Canada

Have all the discs that were purchased from before the other new forum thread shipped out? I ask only because it sounds like people who mentioned not receiving them have gotten replacements already. Don't mean to be impatient if not, no rush, just not sure if I should be worried that they're lost in the mail. Thanks!
ParamountCartoons  
#58 Posted : Wednesday, November 1, 2017 6:26:06 AM(UTC)
ParamountCartoons

United States

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Steve what happened to me getting Popeye Betty Boop, Fleischer Rarities, Willie Whopper and Screen Songs?
zurk  
#59 Posted : Thursday, November 2, 2017 7:37:28 PM(UTC)
zurk

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Steve, please let us know if there are any updates on 'All Scrappy/All Warners' or 'Cartoons to the Rescue'. Updates on these (and the other sets in the works) in a future Thunderbean Thursday post would be greatly appreciated.
Steve Stanchfield  
#60 Posted : Friday, November 3, 2017 9:15:01 PM(UTC)
Steve Stanchfield

I'm hoping to finally get the Scrappy/ Warner set out next week. Little King will be all done this weekend, and several other things are just getting finished as well....