Jerry Beck on Stu's Show - 3/22/17 (Audio & Video)- Page 2 - Forum.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LuckyToon  
#21 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 8:28:44 PM(UTC)
LuckyToon

Groups: Registered, Researcher
Man
United States

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 36 post(s)
For me, I want Warner Archive to do a complete DVD (or Blu Ray) set of all 119 pre-1943 black & white Looney Tunes since I'm a big fan of those cartoons. But I bet it won't happen until WB earns more money to remaster them (remember that they don't have enough in the budget). So far, only 76 have yet to be remastered (with 18 released on DVD unrestored, and 58 that have yet to be released on DVD).

Edited by user Friday, March 24, 2017 9:32:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mellongraig93  
#22 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2017 7:46:19 AM(UTC)
mellongraig93

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Originally Posted by: speedy fast Go to Quoted Post

So where/how was this bonus TV broadcast... uh... broadcast? Was it really just a website showing it or was it broadcast on a TV channel?

I've been thinking about what the Warner Archive release could/should be. I've heard that it'll contain "some" double dips (I'd like to think the amount is small compared to how much there is, but "some" could be a little or a lot, but it actually doesn't say "all double dips") and new transfers (it doesn't say newly-remastered shorts). One of the first things I thought of was a release of the cartoons from the first two Looney Tunes Super Stars volumes, only in their proper aspect ratio (hey, the whole picture of each image of each short was remastered, and all they'd really need to do would be to create a new video transfer).

But what else could it be? I wondered if maybe it could be a special release of the earliest WB shorts, or even a black and white themed set (doesn't have to just be the pre-Porky Pig era, some B&W Porky and Daffy shorts could be included). Or perhaps a "Complete Bosko" set, wth the WB and MGM Bosko shorts (some of the Bosko cartoons have been released on DVD, which would account for some double dips, and it probably wouldn't do too well at retail).

Somebody commented at The Bugs Bunny Video Guide's Facebook page guessing it could be a set of post-1964 cartoons, since Jerry Beck supposedly mentioned Cool Cat and Merlin on the show (I wonder what led to him talking about them). Some post-1964 cartoons have been released, and it kind of seems like something that would be better for Warner Archive (especially if it leaves out Daffy, Speedy, and Road Runner).

A release of MGM one-shots and minor character shorts would be good as well. Several were remastered for the Academy Awards set, and many Tex Avery and Chuck Jones one-shots have been released as bonus features.

Not sure what kind of Hannah-Barberra release would be worth doing that includes double-dips (maybe a new Saturday Morning Collection?). Then again, I don't think it was said that this set would be an exciting release. It could be something of poor quality (in terms of content, not restoration-wise) or uninteresting. Or maybe even a release of the worst WB/MGM cartoons. Fans are wanting more cartoons remastered, how many of us would gladly accept a release of the worst/least-interesting shorts just to have more remastered (I know, he didn't exactly say it'd be remastered content)?

Another thought I've had: He said there'd be some double-dipping, but that doesn't mean it's stuff that has been remastered. He could have been referring to shorts that have only been released on DVD and Blu-ray as unrestored bonus features.

Another thing I thought would make for a good Warner Archive release would be a set of Looney Tunes television specials. Some have been released, many haven't, not sure whether Warner Bros. sees an importance in remastering these as a discs main program.

Stu has started doing bonus broadcasts on internet television from time to time since January this year. He is doing them on the UStream channel and also on the Roku device as an option. These are the links:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/VvQbtt2scfF
http://www.stusshow.com/roku.html

The reason why he is doing them is because the viewers want to see the guest and show the classic material on television, plus money and other reasons like upgrading equipment. These video broadcasts are much larger than the audio ones but they are not like the two hours or so on the audio shows. Eventually this will turn into a simulcast of both audio and video in the future

Unless if you become a VIP listener via Patreon, you won't be able to catch the video bonus internet television broadcast on demand. Not sure about simulcasts though...
nickramer  
#23 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2017 10:21:26 AM(UTC)
nickramer

Groups: Registered, Researcher

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 135 post(s)
For the record, the three cartoons Jerry shown in order were "Popcorn" (Terrytoon, 1930), "The Flop House" (Columbia, 1932) with Scrappy, and the "Jerky Journies" short, " The Three Minnies: Sota, Tonka and Ha Ha!" (Republic, 1949).

Edited by user Sunday, March 26, 2017 10:22:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mellongraig93  
#24 Posted : Friday, April 7, 2017 7:22:22 PM(UTC)
mellongraig93

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Heads up: The bonus TV broadcast (along with others) is now available to the public with this link in case you want to see it again:

http://stusshow.com/tvshows.html
thanks 1 user thanked mellongraig93 for this useful post.
VoiceTalentBrendan on 4/7/2017(UTC)