The Little Lulu Show - airdate conflicts - Forum.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PopKorn Kat  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2016 8:21:12 AM(UTC)
PopKorn Kat

Groups: Registered, Researcher, Administrators, Moderator, Beta Tester
Woman

Was thanked: 227 time(s) in 174 post(s)
If you’ve been checking the “updates” page for the last few months, you can see that I’ve gradually been adding entries for CINAR’s animated series The Little Lulu Show, which aired on HBO from 1995 to 1999. I started to get really confused when researching airdates for the first season because I ran across several contradicting claims, none of which I can verify.

For starters, IMDB.com says this show premiered in the United States on June 30, 1995 and November 11, 1995. Wikipedia does not specify a routine time slot for the show.

S01E01: Green Girl/Rainy Day/Beautiful Lulu
IMDB.com says this show premiered in the USA on November 11, 1995.
TV.com and Wikipedia also say November 11. Right away this is fishy since TV.com says the episode premiered on Sunday, and November 11, 1995 fell on a Saturday in the US.
Jeff Lenburg’s The Encyclopedia of Animated Cartoons (second edition) says October 22.
There is a publicity photo on eBay that said the show was to premiere on October 22.

By taking a quick look at the IAD you can see that I went with the TV.com listings.

S01E02: Alvin’s Record Player/Lulu’s Television Debut/Crybaby
TV.com said November 12, 1995
IMDB and Wikipedia say December 17, 1995

Even then, I’m still not sure about the listings—if TV.com is correct the Christmas-themed episode “Oh Christmas Tree/Santa’s Snowman/The Snoopers” aired in June of 1996. TV.com and Wikipedia have the most complete lists, though the former has several discrepancies in show titles. (i.e., “Snow Business” is listed as “Lulu’s Snowbiz”; “Boy Cannon Ball” is listed as “Cannon Ball Boy”.)

If the caption for that publicity photo followed through, then the planned dates would have likely been these, assuming the show wasn’t preempted or held back or something:
Show 1: October 22
Show 2: October 29
Show 3: November 5
Show 4: November 12
Show 5: November 19
Show 6: November 26

Unfortunately, that’s where the trail dries up. I don’t have any recordings of the show from this time period. I don’t have any HBO guides from 1995 either.

These different dates—which ones are correct? Are they when the shows aired in non-American countries? Were the episodes intended to air on a different date but were pushed back? Or is it the Internet being wrong as usual?

Edited by user Friday, November 4, 2016 8:22:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified