Marsupilami - Forum.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BuddyBoy600alt  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 9:57:44 PM(UTC)
BuddyBoy600alt

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Does anybody remember this Disney cartoon series called Marsupilami? Marsupilami was a yellow, spotted, long-tail marsupial that lived in a jungle with his purple gorilla sidekick, Maurice! Marsupilami can talk (and does not only say "HOUBA!") Now, Marsupilami was created in 1992. And let me explain it. Disney had a Saturday Morning series back in 1992 on NBC Saturday Mornings called "Raw Toonage". Raw Toonage was a variety animated series by Disney. And one of the supporting segment was Marsupilami. The other was Bonkers. And there was also Totally Tasteless Videos. But my favorite segment on Raw Toonage will always be Marsupilami.
LuckyToon  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 10:14:27 PM(UTC)
LuckyToon

Groups: Registered, Researcher
Man
United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 42 post(s)
I remember seeing reruns of Raw Toonage and Marsupilami on Toon Disney a long time ago, and I thought they were pretty good. And I was surprised that one Totally Tasteless Videos "Robin Hoof" from the 10th episode of Raw Toonage uses Jay Ward/Rocky & Bullwinkle style animation. The hosting segments were pretty good since each episode (except episodes 7, 9, and 12) featured a different Disney character from an animated series or film. It was funny seeing Don Karnage (from TaleSpin) as the host in the 2nd episode trying to find buried treasure, until Captain Hook comes in and steals it from him at the end.

And by the way, the shows inspired Marsupilami and Bonkers to have their own spin-off shows of course.
BuddyBoy600alt  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2016 11:00:54 PM(UTC)
BuddyBoy600alt

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: LuckyToon Go to Quoted Post
I remember seeing reruns of Raw Toonage and Marsupilami on Toon Disney a long time ago, and I thought they were pretty good. And I was surprised that one Totally Tasteless Videos "Robin Hoof" from the 10th episode of Raw Toonage uses Jay Ward/Rocky & Bullwinkle style animation. The hosting segments were pretty good since each episode (except episodes 7, 9, and 12) featured a different Disney character from an animated series or film. It was funny seeing Don Karnage (from TaleSpin) as the host in the 2nd episode trying to find buried treasure, until Captain Hook comes in and steals it from him at the end.

And by the way, the shows inspired Marsupilami and Bonkers to have their own spin-off shows of course.

Why yes! And there was no Totally Tasteless videos in episodes 4 and 8. And there was no Bonkers in episode 10. Instead, We had an extra "Marsupilami" short. And I remember Marsupilami hosted episode 11 of Raw Toonage. Anybody got the full episode? And I am still looking for "Romancing the Clone" in English as well.
Bradskey  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 1, 2016 9:32:27 PM(UTC)
Bradskey

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I saw it when it originally aired on Saturday mornings. I enjoyed the show, and remembered several funny segments for years. Always liked Maurice, although I've long since forgotten most of it. Would make a great DVD release.