Coca-Cola Cartoon Commercials- Page 2 - Forum.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
twbf  
#21 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2016 2:41:51 AM(UTC)
twbf

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
That 1952 German cartoon is by Hans Fischerkoesen. I have at least another 9 Coca-Cola cartoons from the '50s and '60s that are of Italian origin and several Coke cartoons from South America. Thanks.

Edited by user Sunday, September 11, 2016 2:57:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked twbf for this useful post.
PopKorn Kat on 9/11/2016(UTC)
nickramer  
#22 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2016 9:26:12 PM(UTC)
nickramer

Groups: Registered, Researcher

Was thanked: 189 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Was that the same snowman that was in Fischerkoesen's most well-known short?
twbf  
#23 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 6:09:28 PM(UTC)
twbf

Canada

UPDATED

While researching the copyright info for this odd "The Hunter" cartoon, I found most of my answers and more. It looks like Universal released 6 Coca-Cola commercial cartoons in late 1958. I have copies of all 6.

HAPPY PAUSE FROLICS, Coca-Cola Co.
Made by Universal Pictures Co.
Approx, 2 min. each, sd, color,
16 mm. © Universal Pictures Co., Inc.

1. The Animal Trainer. © 29Dec58; MP9381. (I have the Italian version: Il Teatro Della Pausa Felice - Il Dormatore)

2, The Hunter. © 29Dec58; MP9382. (I have the German version in horrible quality): Das fröhliche Pausentheater - Der Jäger) and I now have the English language version in great quality

3. The Magician. © 29Dec58; MP9383. I now have the English language version in great quality

4. The Piano Lesson. © 29Dec58; MP9384. (I have the Italian version: Il Teatro Della Pausa Felice - Lezione Di Piano)

5. The Juggler. © 29Dec58; MP9385. (I have the Italian version: Il Teatro Della Pausa Felice - Il Giocoliere) and I now have the English language version in great quality

6. Mountain Climbers. © 29Dec58; MP9386. (I have the Italian version: Il Teatro Della Pausa Felice - Gli Scalatori)

So, I was off-base with my Coca-Cola theme music speculation. It seems that Coke continued to use this theme beyond the 1956 advertising switch-over to McCann-Erickson. Previously reported claims by others of this theme being retired at that time are not correct. As a matter of fact, I have a "Hi-Fi Club" radio program from 1961 where this theme can be heard, as well.

Edited by user Monday, December 25, 2017 12:48:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked twbf for this useful post.
PopKorn Kat on 9/25/2016(UTC)
twbf  
#24 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2016 12:28:53 AM(UTC)
twbf

Canada

Here are 11 shots from the rarest Coca-Cola cartoon commercial - REFRESHMENT THE WORLD OVER from 1939, approximately 7 minutes long. This cartoon was only shown at the 1939 New York World's Fair. Apparently, just 80 Technicolor prints were made. These sample frames were taken directly off the film reel by someone who offered this as an eBay item a few months ago. I straightened the pictures and corrected the angles as best as I could. Therefore, there are corners missing from most shots.

If anyone here has a copy of this cartoon or has more information, PLEASE SHARE. Thanks!

Edited by user Monday, November 28, 2016 10:03:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked twbf for this useful post.
PopKorn Kat on 11/26/2016(UTC), eutychus on 11/26/2016(UTC)
twbf  
#25 Posted : Monday, June 19, 2017 8:11:46 PM(UTC)
twbf

Canada

Over the past few months, I have discovered a few anomalies concerning these 1953 Coca-Cola cartoons:

1953 - CC-1 - The Lion And The Mouse LP3015
https://drive.google.com/file/d/...UTVqaWM/view?usp=sharing (1m 17s)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/...blBkS2s/view?usp=sharing (1m 58s - with restored soundtrack at the beginning)

This cartoon appears to be available in two lengths. I am unable to ascertain whether this difference was due to someone editing it or if there are two official releases. Another thing I discovered was that about 6 seconds of soundtrack was missing on the YouTube version. I have a copy on a DVD from Encore Video, it has the beginning intact, but had a talk-over on the second channel. I copied both channels and deleted the talk-over and re-installed the complete soundtrack on the YouTube version, because it didn't have a watermark as found on the Encore Video version.

Three of the following cartoons (CC-3, CC-5, CC-6) are offered by TVDays.com - each of these are significantly reduced in length. Again, I have not been able to determine whether these were officially shortened or if it was done by someone. Does anyone have the full length versions?

1953 - CC-3 - The Fox And The Grapes LP3017
https://drive.google.com/file/d/...Rkt3SXc/view?usp=sharing (0m 45s)
There is a 2m 01s version out there somewhere

1953 - CC-4 - The Grasshopper And The Ants LP3018
https://drive.google.com/file/d/...RGhsRXc/view?usp=sharing
On the YouTube version, someone rerecorded their own soundtrack and removed the original. Does anyone have this cartoon with the original soundtrack intact?

1953 - CC-5 - The Hound And The Rabbit LP3019
https://drive.google.com/file/d/...OEI1c1U/view?usp=sharing (0m 51s)
There is a 2m 04s version out there somewhere

1953 - CC-6 - Symphony Night LP3020
https://drive.google.com/file/d/...a2M2MFE/view?usp=sharing (0m 57s)
There is a 2m 03s version out there somewhere

If you have information about any of these, please send me a PM or post it here. Thanks!

Edited by user Tuesday, June 20, 2017 1:24:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

twbf  
#26 Posted : Thursday, July 6, 2017 7:24:15 PM(UTC)
twbf

Canada

Gosh, any information about the above anomalies would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone here collects Coca-Cola advertising records, tapes or TV commercials, please PM me and I can direct you to my Coke jingles forum. Thanks, Brad
twbf  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, August 23, 2017 3:03:14 AM(UTC)
twbf

Canada

I guess Coca-Cola cartoon commercials are a very specialized part of collecting.
PopKorn Kat  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, August 23, 2017 3:05:20 AM(UTC)
PopKorn Kat

Groups: Registered, Researcher, Administrators, Moderator, Beta Tester
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 246 time(s) in 184 post(s)
Originally Posted by: twbf Go to Quoted Post
I guess Coca-Cola cartoon commercials are a very specialized part of collecting.

I'm a fan of Walter Lantz's output and am interested in collecting the Coke commercials they produced, but not all of them are online and I wouldn't know where to start.

Originally Posted by: twbf Go to Quoted Post
So, did Universal produce their own cartoons or did they sub them out to other production companies? I know the quality of the cartoon presented here is absolutely horrible, but does it look like it might be a Walter Lantz cartoon? The thing that bugs me about this particular 1958 cartoon commercial is the old Coke themed music no longer used from 1956 onward and the added out of place live action at the end. Thanks, Brad

Please forgive me for the extremely late reply, and there's a chance that you already know this, but Universal didn't have their own animation studio. Walter Lantz Productions was an independent studio. As for the Coke commercials, Lantz likely approved the deal himself, without any involvement from Universal. (There are no Universal copyrights on the Lantz Coke commercials in one of your last posts.)

Edited by user Wednesday, August 23, 2017 4:40:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked PopKorn Kat for this useful post.
twbf on 8/24/2017(UTC)