Little Quacker (ORIGINAL TITLES) - Forum.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
5 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cool_Cat  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2016 6:46:01 PM(UTC)
Cool_Cat

Groups: Registered
Italy

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 35 post(s)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 7 users thanked Cool_Cat for this useful post.
Toadette on 1/25/2016(UTC), Toonatic on 1/26/2016(UTC), Zachary on 1/26/2016(UTC), Dale Latimer on 1/26/2016(UTC), kazblox on 1/27/2016(UTC), Gabrielkat1991 on 2/17/2016(UTC), TibbyH on 9/29/2017(UTC)
Toadette  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2016 8:35:44 PM(UTC)
Toadette

Groups: Registered, Researcher

Was thanked: 220 time(s) in 187 post(s)
Wow!

If only volume 2 had come out as planned. Heck, if only "Mouse Cleaning" had made it on there, as it was apparently restored from a nitrate! (Which meant it also could've had original titles...)

You got these shots from the airings of the Golden Collection prints in Europe, I would assume.
dbear  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2016 8:48:37 PM(UTC)
dbear

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 64 post(s)
Heh, I remember watching the remastered version of this short on Boomerang UK ages ago and thought nothing of it at the time. I have increasingly less free time to keep track on what airs on the network these days.
Cool_Cat  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2016 9:50:29 PM(UTC)
Cool_Cat

Italy

It was on YouTube uploaded by Warner itself. Search "Tom and Jerry and Friends". Each episode is a couple dollars.

Where I live they're blocked, so if you live in the US you can try downloading them. Those screenshots were taken from a poor screen capture an user sent me.

Here there is a channel which airs those remasters in 1080p. PM me and I'll send you them.

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked Cool_Cat for this useful post.
Toadette on 1/25/2016(UTC), dbear on 1/26/2016(UTC)
Cool_Cat  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2016 9:54:53 PM(UTC)
Cool_Cat

Italy

Meanwhile Jerry's Diary and Heavenly Puss are ultra faded 1960s/70s TV prints with a fake lion card taken from Love that Pup mostly because the ones from the prints they took had the Technicolor line blurred out.
thanks 1 user thanked Cool_Cat for this useful post.
Toadette on 1/25/2016(UTC)
Toadette  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2016 10:40:32 PM(UTC)
Toadette

I tried looking up "Tom and Jerry and Friends", but unfortunately warnervod seems to have removed the videos. I know they used to have Looney Tunes up there as well, including some that I believe have not been released on DVD or Blu-ray. (I did not take a closer look to see if they were restored.)

They seriously sourced "Heavenly Puss", of all cartoons, from those faded CRIs? I guess even without the dilemma involving those certain two other cartoons, incompetence has never been eliminated entirely from these sets (and I've been aware of what happened to "Jerry's Diary" for a while now, as someone on the Home Theater Forum posted shots from that).
dbear  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2016 12:21:07 AM(UTC)
dbear

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 64 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Cool_Cat Go to Quoted Post
Here there is a channel which airs those remasters in 1080p. PM me and I'll send you them.

Tried sending you a PM but your inbox is apparently full.
Cool_Cat  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2016 12:24:06 AM(UTC)
Cool_Cat

Italy

The Heavenly Puss transfer looks REALLY bad, even some old TV print like the one aired on Italian channel Rai 2 looked better than that.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

This is the mid 90s CN transfer:

UserPostedImage

It's like somebody turned on the lights.
thanks 2 users thanked Cool_Cat for this useful post.
Toadette on 1/26/2016(UTC), kazblox on 1/26/2016(UTC)
Cool_Cat  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2016 12:30:12 AM(UTC)
Cool_Cat

Italy

"Restoration is pointless if it ends up making the cartoons worse".

Who said it? :P
LuckyToon  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2016 3:44:31 AM(UTC)
LuckyToon

Man
United States

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Wow, I never expected that cartoon's original opening titles to exist.

Good job WB, but the only problem is that you haven't released the second volume of Tom Cat & Jerry GC since you postponed it in 2013 due to the 2 controversial cartoons the lawyers are still worried to release uncut on home video here in america.
Mac  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 6:10:28 PM(UTC)
Mac

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Thank you for sharing those pics, Cool_Cat. These kind of posts are my favourite.
Gabrielkat1991  
#12 Posted : Sunday, February 14, 2016 12:37:33 PM(UTC)
Gabrielkat1991

Man
Canada

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Really nice find!

If the Golden Collection print of Texas Tom was ever shown in Europe, I wonder if that cartoon would have its original titles restored, too?
"The dirty f**k!" - Bosko
Cool_Cat  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2016 1:19:46 AM(UTC)
Cool_Cat

Italy

No it doesn't.
bodek610  
#14 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 1:04:24 PM(UTC)
bodek610

Poland

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
When Texas Tom (restored) was aired by German TV Super RTL, it had smoking scenes censored.

In my opinion, if original titles for "Little Quacker, 1950" exists, the original titles should exists for all pre-1951 shorts which were burnt in MGM Vault Fire. And in my opinion, I think that there was no MGM Vault Fire in 1960's. For MGM there was cheaper to sold to theaters the reissue prints than original prints and don't forget - that the restore the reissue prints is also cheaper than the restore the original print.

Don't forget, that few years ago there were found the nitrates of original titles from: "The Midnight Snack", "Puss'n'Toots", "The Zoot Cat" and "Mouse Trouble" and "The Tom and Jerry in Hollywood Bowl".

Edited by user Thursday, March 3, 2016 1:08:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Duck Dodgers  
#15 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 5:38:58 PM(UTC)
Duck Dodgers

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bodek610 Go to Quoted Post
When Texas Tom (restored) was aired by German TV Super RTL, it had smoking scenes censored.

In my opinion, if original titles for "Little Quacker, 1950" exists, the original titles should exists for all pre-1951 shorts which were burnt in MGM Vault Fire. And in my opinion, I think that there was no MGM Vault Fire in 1960's. For MGM there was cheaper to sold to theaters the reissue prints than original prints and don't forget - that the restore the reissue prints is also cheaper than the restore the original print.

Don't forget, that few years ago there were found the nitrates of original titles from: "The Midnight Snack", "Puss'n'Toots", "The Zoot Cat" and "Mouse Trouble" and "The Tom and Jerry in Hollywood Bowl".

No MGM Vault fire? Come on, man! It is a well documented fact.

thanks 1 user thanked Duck Dodgers for this useful post.
Toadette on 3/3/2016(UTC)
LuckyToon  
#16 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 6:40:38 PM(UTC)
LuckyToon

Man
United States

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Duck Dodgers Go to Quoted Post

It's true that the MGM Vault fire happened in the 60's, so don't tell me it never happened, it DID happen for real. I believe it happened.
bodek610  
#17 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 10:34:19 PM(UTC)
bodek610

Poland

Originally Posted by: Duck Dodgers Go to Quoted Post

But in this case, why the original titles of , "The Midnight Snack", "Puss'n'Toots", "The Zoot Cat", "Mouse Trouble", "Little Orphan", "Hatch Up Your Troubles", "Love that Pup", "Jerry's Diary", "Little Quacker" (found in 2012-2013 by WB), "Tom and Jerry in the Hollywood Bowl" survived? In my opinion, anyone who saw the original titles of those shorts from pre-1951 season should saw the whole cartoon with original titles, but as we know - Businness secret and "The less we (viewers) know, we (viewers) better sleep."
Toadette  
#18 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 10:47:35 PM(UTC)
Toadette

Because most of those prints were found in private collections. WB doesn't like working with private collectors, from what I've heard, so those titles weren't used on the home video sets.

Also, "The Little Orphan", "Hatch Up Your Troubles", "Love That Pup", and "Jerry's Diary" were never reissued to begin with. The former three were remade in CinemaScope, while the latter was a cheater cartoon.
bodek610  
#19 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 1:27:31 AM(UTC)
bodek610

Poland

Originally Posted by: Toadette Go to Quoted Post
Because most of those prints were found in private collections. WB doesn't like working with private collectors, from what I've heard, so those titles weren't used on the home video sets.

Also, "The Little Orphan", "Hatch Up Your Troubles", "Love That Pup", and "Jerry's Diary" were never reissued to begin with. The former three were remade in CinemaScope, while the latter was a cheater cartoon.

Okay, this changes figure things out.

Plus a Little comparision between the reissue print and original (or I have no idea) print used in "Cruise Cat, 1953" of Texas Tom:
Texas Tom
thanks 1 user thanked bodek610 for this useful post.
kazblox on 3/4/2016(UTC)
Bannedcartoonfan  
#20 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 4:49:38 AM(UTC)
Bannedcartoonfan

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Woah might want to take off the tinfoil hat there buddy. It definitely happened(unfortunately). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_MGM_vault_fire