Peter Pan Signature Collection Release - Forum.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Poll Question : Do you collect multiple releases of each movie?
Choice Votes Statistics
  Yes
66 %
  No
0 %
  I just end up with extra copies somehow
33 %
  Total 3 100%
Guests can't vote. Try login or register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nicholas DS  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2018 2:51:43 AM(UTC)
Nicholas DS

Groups: Registered
Man
Canada

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I am asking anyone who has purchased the new Peter Pan release,

Did you notice any parts were missing, censored out? I just wonder if anything went the way of Peco Bill's cigarette. It's not like they announce when they decide to do these things we just have to watch and compare. I have the 1990 black diamond edition so I would be very interested to know if anyone knows of any changes between the 1953 theatrical release and the 1990 black diamond release. Thanks in advance.
ToonStar95  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2018 7:43:59 AM(UTC)
ToonStar95

Groups: Registered, Researcher
Man
United States

Was thanked: 121 time(s) in 97 post(s)
Well, I already have the Diamond Edition Blu-ray, so I may get this on Digital HD only.
Nicholas DS  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2018 8:23:49 AM(UTC)
Nicholas DS

Man
Canada

I've never purchased a digital copy before. This is the first computer I've had in a few years and there are copies of things I'm not having any luck finding locally. Definitely worth thinking about. Thank you
Kristjan  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2018 12:56:26 AM(UTC)
Kristjan

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)
If it doesn't include any rediscovered Oswalds then there is no reason to buy this.
thanks 1 user thanked Kristjan for this useful post.
WaltWiz1901 on 7/30/2018(UTC)
WaltWiz1901  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2018 2:51:39 AM(UTC)
WaltWiz1901

Man
United States

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kristjan Go to Quoted Post
If it doesn't include any rediscovered Oswalds then there is no reason to buy this.

I strongly agree with this. (And unfortunately, there is nothing about any being on this edition)

In fact, when I found out there was going to be yet another Peter Pan Blu-ray, I said that I wasn't sure on whether to get it or not because almost all of Disney's Blu-ray releases to date have not been worth the wait. Most of it has consisted of either whatever new movies they have currently, some sort of re-release of an older movie to promote the release of its sequel (for example, The Incredibles was released on 4K UHD as a tie-in to Incredibles 2), and more irritatingly, retreads of the obligatory "vault" titles that seem to come out simply to let consumers know that they're still in print (and mostly, these re-releases are incredibly unnecessary, especially because they mainly drop extras from previous versions and add new, less enticing ones - not counting the Oswald shorts on Pinocchio and Bambi).

Sadly, this release method has done the rest of the studio's extensive film, TV show, etc. library very little favors, and as a result numerous pieces of its history - such as the primetime television series from the 1950's-1960's, the animated shows from the 1980's-2010's, and especially the animated short cartoons that propelled Walt from being the [little] studio-runner that could to a worldwide phenomenon decades ago - remain locked up in a large vault never to see the light of day (excepting a couple of thin and light-on-extras DVD releases). If Disney knows there's an audience for characters like Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, etc., there is no reason to keep the material that made them famous in the first place unavailable to the public outside of a certain video-streaming website that is littered with hour-long marathon videos aimed directly toward young children who are practically oblivious to these characters' history.
thanks 2 users thanked WaltWiz1901 for this useful post.
Nicholas DS on 7/30/2018(UTC), VoiceTalentBrendan on 7/30/2018(UTC)
Nicholas DS  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2018 6:15:18 AM(UTC)
Nicholas DS

Man
Canada

It is a shame to see so many re-releases without proper bonus content you are absolutely right. I for one would absolutely love to see more of the live action reference footage and photos used in production as well as more archive footage of the film actually being worked on. They never seem to release enough of it to us.

Though I have seen promises of bonus content on various DVDs and Blu-ray copies that I don't own yet I might well just hunt around for just the bonus content.

Also does anyone know if Bongo was ever released again after the Fun and Fancy Free 50th anniversary commemorative edition VHS? I've only seen the Jack and the Beanstalk story.
nickramer  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 9:55:13 PM(UTC)
nickramer

Was thanked: 242 time(s) in 201 post(s)
Who said there were anything edited on the recent DVD and Blu-Ray? I don't recall any news on that.
Toonatic  
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2018 2:17:06 AM(UTC)
Toonatic

United States

Was thanked: 228 time(s) in 165 post(s)
Don't know why you would post this in the Television Animation subforum, but whatever.

I haven't heard anything about any cuts and we do get some good extras like a 9 Old Men documentary.
VoiceTalentBrendan  
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2018 3:24:13 AM(UTC)
VoiceTalentBrendan

Man
United States

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 82 post(s)
as I had mentioned in the fourm topic Rare Disney

Walt's 2md TV special The Walt Disney Christmas Show has never had a home video release in USA.

more about it here and here.

is it true that this special is only on the 2007 2 disc set in the UK?

Edited by user Thursday, August 2, 2018 3:25:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PopKorn Kat  
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2018 4:22:30 AM(UTC)
PopKorn Kat

Groups: Registered, Researcher, Administrators, Moderator, Beta Tester
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 333 time(s) in 241 post(s)
I don't see what this thread has to do with TV animation, so I moved it to the TTTP in Exile forum.
thanks 1 user thanked PopKorn Kat for this useful post.
Nicholas DS on 8/2/2018(UTC)
Nicholas DS  
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2018 4:23:51 AM(UTC)
Nicholas DS

Man
Canada

Originally Posted by: Toonatic Go to Quoted Post
Don't know why you would post this in the Television Animation subforum, but whatever.

I'm having trouble navigating the forums I couldn't open the forum that says "classic animation" I still can't it seems to not exist it's just a headline for me. I don't know what the problem is.

Originally Posted by: nickramer Go to Quoted Post
Who said there were anything edited on the recent DVD and Blu-Ray? I don't recall any news on that.

I don't recall there ever being an announcement ever for any censorship. Do you?
Have you seen an edition of Melody Time or Fantasia that sayas "Now censored!" on it? No of course not, They just censor it, say nothing, and release it.

That's why I'm asking if anyone has seen the new "signature collection" release. I am wondering about any new censorship.

Originally Posted by: VoiceTalentBrendan Go to Quoted Post
as I had mentioned in the fourm topic Rare Disney

Walt's 2md TV special The Walt Disney Christmas Show has never had a home video release in USA.?

No not the 1951 Christmas show the 1950 Christmas show "One Hour In Wonderland" The first TV show not the second.

Nicholas DS  
#12 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2018 4:25:46 AM(UTC)
Nicholas DS

Man
Canada

Originally Posted by: PopKorn Kat Go to Quoted Post
I don't see what this thread has to do with TV animation, so I moved it to the TTTP in Exile forum.

Thank you. Whatever you did fixed the error I was having and now I can actually open the pre1970s forum. I'm just glad the issue seems to have resolved itself.
Toonatic  
#13 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2018 6:37:00 AM(UTC)
Toonatic

United States

Was thanked: 228 time(s) in 165 post(s)
I honestly don't think you have to worry about anything. If there was censorship, someone would've definitely reported it.

Incidentally, Melody Time has gone back to its uncensored state a while ago. They had it on Disney Family Movies on Demand a while ago and everything was definitely uncensored.
Nicholas DS  
#14 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2018 7:14:58 AM(UTC)
Nicholas DS

Man
Canada

I honestly don't think you have to worry about anything. If there was censorship, someone would've definitely reported it.

Incidentally, Melody Time has gone back to its uncensored state a while ago. They had it on Disney Family Movies on Demand a while ago and everything was definitely uncensored.

You know, watching my VHS copy of Melody Time I thought it was a "Definitely Uncensored" movie too. Pretty much everyone got to keep their various pipes and cigars. I got really excited. Then I got to the end. The Peco Bill segment, the only part ever censored in the whole movie. What they took out was his cigarette, they digitally edited out. You can see the difference here [url]
[url/]

So are you really 100% sure they showed the uncensored version on Disney Family Movies? Because it seems so unlikely I would be willing to bet money on it.

Nicholas DS  
#15 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2018 7:18:05 AM(UTC)
Nicholas DS

Man
Canada

With Melody time you can tell they did the absolute bare minimum with censorship. They only erased what they were ordered to erase. Peco Bill was the "hero" of his segment. The main, "good" character" so he lost his cigarette. Everyone else, even Little Toot's father "big Toot" got to keep his pipe. Even though he was good, he wasn't the main character.

They kept all the smoking they were allowed to keep
monks19  
#16 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2018 4:49:19 AM(UTC)
monks19

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Nicholas DS Go to Quoted Post

You know, watching my VHS copy of Melody Time I thought it was a "Definitely Uncensored" movie too. Pretty much everyone got to keep their various pipes and cigars. I got really excited. Then I got to the end. The Peco Bill segment, the only part ever censored in the whole movie. What they took out was his cigarette, they digitally edited out. You can see the difference here [url]
[url/]

So are you really 100% sure they showed the uncensored version on Disney Family Movies? Because it seems so unlikely I would be willing to bet money on it.

Is there a place where we can get the fully uncensored Melody Time in HD in canada ? If so, where ?

Thanks to answer
PopKorn Kat  
#17 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2018 6:36:15 AM(UTC)
PopKorn Kat

Groups: Registered, Researcher, Administrators, Moderator, Beta Tester
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 333 time(s) in 241 post(s)
Originally Posted by: monks19 Go to Quoted Post

Is there a place where we can get the fully uncensored Melody Time in HD in canada ? If so, where ?

Thanks to answer

Please post this question in a different thread. This thread is related to whether Peter Pan was censored or not.