YouTube Thread- Page 20 - Forum.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
21 Pages«<18192021>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LuckyToon  
#381 Posted : Monday, November 20, 2017 2:27:58 PM(UTC)
LuckyToon

Groups: Registered, Researcher
Man
United States

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 45 post(s)
WOW, I'm surprised that the international Disney VHS tapes from the 80's also have cartoons with the original titles!

I thank Erik for uploading them on YouTube.
WaltWiz1901  
#382 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2017 5:42:41 AM(UTC)
WaltWiz1901

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 27 post(s)
So Pluto's Quin-Puplets was always referred to as a "Pluto the Pup" cartoon. That's a neat find.

On a somewhat unrelated note, is the "original" title card on the Disney Wiki article on Don Donald a legitimate original? I have no idea myself, but it does look surprisingly real.
PopKorn Kat  
#383 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2017 6:01:13 AM(UTC)
PopKorn Kat

Groups: Registered, Researcher, Administrators, Moderator, Beta Tester
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 246 time(s) in 184 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WaltWiz1901 Go to Quoted Post
On a somewhat unrelated note, is the "original" title card on the Disney Wiki article on Don Donald a legitimate original? I have no idea myself, but it does look surprisingly real.

Doesn't look real to me. The original title card was in a YouTube video posted in one of these threads a while back by davespeanuts (I think?), but it has since been blocked by Disney, and sadly, I did not save it. The poster of that title card also posted a lot of questionable information on the Looney Tunes Wiki on Wikia and we blocked them for that (I'm one of the admins; I'm "Krazy Rabbit"), so I doubt this is real.
ToonStar95  
#384 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2017 6:18:04 AM(UTC)
ToonStar95

Man
United States

Was thanked: 93 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PopKorn Kat Go to Quoted Post

Doesn't look real to me. The original title card was in a YouTube video posted in one of these threads a while back by davespeanuts (I think?), but it has since been blocked by Disney, and sadly, I did not save it. The poster of that title card also posted a lot of questionable information on the Looney Tunes Wiki on Wikia and we blocked them for that (I'm one of the admins; I'm "Krazy Rabbit"), so I doubt this is real.

I remember seeing a black-and-white print of the short on YouTube (Don't know if it's still there) with a title card reading "Presenting Donald Duck in DON DONALD", which I believe was the original title and implies that it had the Mickey opening.
PopKorn Kat  
#385 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2017 6:24:22 AM(UTC)
PopKorn Kat

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: ToonStar95 Go to Quoted Post

I remember seeing a black-and-white print of the short on YouTube (Don't know if it's still there) with a title card reading "Presenting Donald Duck in DON DONALD", which I believe was the original title and implies that it had the Mickey opening.

^Yup, that's the one I saw.

Edited by user Thursday, November 30, 2017 6:28:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

WaltWiz1901  
#386 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2017 7:20:37 AM(UTC)
WaltWiz1901

Man
United States

^Yup, that's the one I saw.

Apparently, according to what you two are explaining, the wiki is wrong........again.

Similarly, I recently decided to edit articles on the Disney Wiki, and on some of the articles I saw, Clock Cleaners was said to have its original titles reinstated. However, the picture usually associated to this thought is not a legit title card; instead, what most of us are seeing is what David Gerstein agreed to Vdubdavid's guess on what the card looked like:
Quote:
It looks more like a screengrab of a background with a photoshopped title.

Judging by the various original title discoveries I'm making today on this thread of all places, it becomes more and more obvious that Theo Gluck's restoration team needs to pay more attention to our research instead of guessing what the title cards originally looked like......and so does the wiki. Once, the original title card to The Fire Fighters was put up, and it didn't take long for the wiki to (ignorantly) delete it and replace it with the gaudy fake titles from the LaserDisc and DVD versions.
thanks 3 users thanked WaltWiz1901 for this useful post.
PopKorn Kat on 11/30/2017(UTC), Toadette on 11/30/2017(UTC), VoiceTalentBrendan on 11/30/2017(UTC)
PopKorn Kat  
#387 Posted : Saturday, December 16, 2017 12:23:19 AM(UTC)
PopKorn Kat

Woman
United States

Bizarre 1923 animated short featuring Felix the Cat and...is that Koko the Clown? It mostly features Felix painting silhouettes performing various tasks while smoking pipes. Commercial?
thanks 1 user thanked PopKorn Kat for this useful post.
SuperMuppet64 on 12/18/2017(UTC)
PopKorn Kat  
#388 Posted : Wednesday, December 20, 2017 2:37:51 AM(UTC)
PopKorn Kat

Woman
United States

Today I just discovered that a YouTube channel called "The Scene" has uploaded a ton of Lantz Oswalds that weren't previously online:

There are several downsides. They all have this texture overlay on them and they're also stretched to widescreen. They're also watermarked, but unfortunately these are the only copies I've found.

Milton Knight also uploaded "The Playful Pup", a Lantz Oswald that didn't have screenshots on the Lantz-O-Pedia:

Edited by user Wednesday, December 20, 2017 2:40:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked PopKorn Kat for this useful post.
VoiceTalentBrendan on 12/20/2017(UTC), dbear on 12/20/2017(UTC)
nickramer  
#389 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2017 12:53:48 PM(UTC)
nickramer

Was thanked: 188 time(s) in 154 post(s)
Just in time for the holidays, here's a 1996 ad for Target with Sylvester and Tweety:

Edited by user Thursday, December 21, 2017 12:55:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked nickramer for this useful post.
PopKorn Kat on 12/21/2017(UTC)
ToonStar95  
#390 Posted : Tuesday, January 9, 2018 6:27:54 AM(UTC)
ToonStar95

Man
United States

Original titles for Building a Building, with exploding Mickey headshot.

Original titles for Mickey's Steam-Roller with original music cues.

thanks 3 users thanked ToonStar95 for this useful post.
WaltWiz1901 on 1/9/2018(UTC), dbear on 1/9/2018(UTC), Toadette on 1/9/2018(UTC)
WaltWiz1901  
#391 Posted : Tuesday, January 9, 2018 6:34:16 AM(UTC)
WaltWiz1901

Man
United States

Original titles for Building a Building, with exploding Mickey headshot.

Original titles for Mickey's Steam-Roller with original music cues.

Cool! I always love it when we find the actual original title cards to these shorts after years of seeing barely-accurate facsimiles.
ToonStar95  
#392 Posted : Sunday, January 21, 2018 12:38:14 AM(UTC)
ToonStar95

Man
United States

Original titles for Camping Out. Or should I say – Camping Troubles.

thanks 6 users thanked ToonStar95 for this useful post.
PopKorn Kat on 1/21/2018(UTC), VoiceTalentBrendan on 1/21/2018(UTC), DGM on 1/21/2018(UTC), WaltWiz1901 on 1/21/2018(UTC), Toadette on 1/21/2018(UTC), dbear on 1/23/2018(UTC)
WaltWiz1901  
#393 Posted : Sunday, January 21, 2018 7:33:02 AM(UTC)
WaltWiz1901

Man
United States

Let me get this straight - now there's another short with an alternate title (we already know Fiddling Around was apparently about to be - and in later releases, was - titled Just Mickey)?

All this time, all of us were unaware that the more common title was one from some sort of reissue...
nickramer  
#394 Posted : Tuesday, January 23, 2018 1:05:47 AM(UTC)
nickramer

Was thanked: 188 time(s) in 154 post(s)

I wonder if Gerstein was already aware of this fact.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 23, 2018 1:06:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

dbear  
#395 Posted : Tuesday, January 23, 2018 2:41:27 AM(UTC)
dbear

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 79 post(s)
Originally Posted by: nickramer Go to Quoted Post

Check out the latest comment on that video ;)

"I believe CAMPING TROUBLES was its release title outside the United States; I've seen three otherwise identical original UA main title cards that read CAMPING OUT, CAMPING TROUBLES, and a French episode title."

I saw a 16mm print on eBay UK with the CAMPING TROUBLES titles about a month or 2 ago, heck perhaps Erik was the winner of that auction!
thanks 3 users thanked dbear for this useful post.
Toadette on 1/23/2018(UTC), WaltWiz1901 on 1/23/2018(UTC), PopKorn Kat on 1/23/2018(UTC)
WaltWiz1901  
#396 Posted : Tuesday, January 23, 2018 7:55:35 AM(UTC)
WaltWiz1901

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: dbear Go to Quoted Post

"I believe CAMPING TROUBLES was its release title outside the United States; I've seen three otherwise identical original UA main title cards that read CAMPING OUT, CAMPING TROUBLES, and a French episode title."

I saw a 16mm print on eBay UK with the CAMPING TROUBLES titles about a month or 2 ago, heck perhaps Erik was the winner of that auction!

Interesting........

Immediately after finding the original post, I went to the Disney Wiki and renamed their article on the short (they barely take much notice to how many original titles are found, so they just lazily keep up the reissue and, if otherwise, gaudy recreated titles as the pictures for numerous shorts' title cards) to reflect this discovery. If the original poster for the short exists, what title does it have on it; Camping Out or Camping Troubles?
Mesterius  
#397 Posted : Tuesday, January 23, 2018 5:39:41 PM(UTC)
Mesterius

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 33 post(s)

Interesting........

Immediately after finding the original post, I went to the Disney Wiki and renamed their article on the short (they barely take much notice to how many original titles are found, so they just lazily keep up the reissue and, if otherwise, gaudy recreated titles as the pictures for numerous shorts' title cards) to reflect this discovery. If the original poster for the short exists, what title does it have on it; Camping Out or Camping Troubles?

Even this can pose a problem as far as evidence goes, though. If you find a poster online with either of those titles, you'll also need to determine if it's an American or British poster.
thanks 2 users thanked Mesterius for this useful post.
PopKorn Kat on 1/24/2018(UTC), VoiceTalentBrendan on 1/24/2018(UTC)
dbear  
#398 Posted : Monday, February 26, 2018 11:08:47 PM(UTC)
dbear

Proof ANYTHING can go with Winston Sharples' score to ALONG CAME A DUCK... Mickey Mouse

WaltWiz1901  
#399 Posted : Tuesday, February 27, 2018 2:19:26 AM(UTC)
WaltWiz1901

Man
United States

Proof ANYTHING can go with Winston Sharples' score to ALONG CAME A DUCK... Mickey Mouse

Wait.......what? So Mickey's Follies was colorized in some way, too?

The Colorized Cartoons Database (I think) pointed out that in 1984 (no doubt because of Disney discussing airing their cartoons on CBS), "Radio & Television Packagers" retraced ten Mickey shorts in color, but the database doesn't talk about the unexpected music changes they did to many of their works. Was Follies one of them?
dbear  
#400 Posted : Tuesday, February 27, 2018 3:09:01 AM(UTC)
dbear

I believe the Radio & Television Packagers redrawns were not affiliated with Disney in any way. This is pure conjecture on my part, but it's clear the package was hastily cobbled together from largely bootleg B&W prints that may have been (in some cases wrongly) assumed to be public domain.
An Italian home movie distributor AVO FILM bought up the rights to the R&TVP shorts for Super 8 distribution likely in the mid-to-late 70s. I've seen prints of other redrawns turn up from time to time on other European eBay sites.
I could find no reference to a R&TVP version of "Mickey's Follies" online until this Super 8 print cropped up on French eBay in its original AVO box.
How or why R&TVP thought they could get away with retracing a bootleg Disney print with a replaced soundtrack in the first place is probably lost to time (or somewhere in the paperwork files of whoever owns these redrawns today).
thanks 2 users thanked dbear for this useful post.
PopKorn Kat on 2/27/2018(UTC), SuperMuppet64 on 2/27/2018(UTC)