Warner Archive's Re-release of Bugs Bunny Superstar - Forum.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jason Todd  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2017 11:15:25 AM(UTC)
Jason Todd

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 10 post(s)
In 2012, Warner Archive released a manufacture-on-demand reissue of Bugs Bunny Superstar. I purchased a copy of this release a few months ago, and what makes this specific release stand out in the pool of earlier pressings of this package film (MGM/UA tape/laserdisc, Looney Tunes Golden Collection Volume 4 two-part special feature, etc) is that this time, Warner Archive included the restored prints of the cartoons shown within that film--which were already restored for various Golden Collection volumes and the Academy Awards set--and in the case of What's Cookin' Doc? and I Taw a Puddy Tat, new remasters were undertaken. Of course, these two shorts were obviously not "restored" to Golden Collection-quality standards, and correct me if I'm wrong but I suspect the title sequence for I Taw a Puddy Tat was a recreation. That all having been said, I personally think these shorts look better here than I've seen before (at least, better than the A.A.P. or Turner prints). Nevertheless, when it was brought to my attention that the fifty new-to-disc Porky cartoons weren't restored but remastered from the interpositives, I envisioned them looking something like the new print of What's Cookin' Doc?. And in many cases, I think I was right in assuming this.
Toadette  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2017 12:15:20 PM(UTC)
Toadette

Groups: Registered, Researcher

Was thanked: 227 time(s) in 190 post(s)
Um, the "I Taw a Puddy Tat" titles are authentic. Unfortunately, though, they did cut off the credits because they were too lazy to re-add the original title music. http://www.whataboutthad.../bob-clampett-superstar/
thanks 1 user thanked Toadette for this useful post.
Jason Todd on 12/7/2017(UTC)
Jason Todd  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2017 12:21:24 PM(UTC)
Jason Todd

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 10 post(s)
So those are actually the original titles?? Wow! I stand corrected, then.

Though, they should have included the credits as well.