Update on the Recent Update - Forum.
eutychus
2020-05-25T11:51:28Z
We seem to have fixed the recent problems with the recent update to the message board. I've tested it and the kinks seem to have been worked out, but if you see anything weird be sure to let us know.

For the time being, I've decided to keep the present style of the site, although I will be adding the ability to create your own color template and adjust your front page settings. It's just too much work at the time being to convert the entire site over to a new look and I'd rather devote my time to adding new information and filling out the database.

Thanks for your patience!
Toadette
2020-05-25T17:38:47Z
Mmm, posts still don't show up when I click on a thread while using Safari on iOS. (Desktop works fine, and PopKorn Kat says Firefox on iOS works as well.)

Also, I can't give posts "Thanks" on Desktop, albeit it worked on the alternate server you set up (that server did work on iOS Safari).
PopKorn Kat
2020-05-25T20:37:36Z
Trying to access the main site leads to this error message:

Quote:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Index 0 is either negative or above rows count.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index 0 is either negative or above rows count.

Source Error:

Line 16: getRandomVideo()
Line 17: Dim dvOptions As DataView = CType(sql_options.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments.Empty), DataView)
Line 18: random_screenshots_box.Visible = dvOptions(0)("show_random_screenshots")
Line 19: random_video_box.Visible = dvOptions(0)("show_random_video")
Line 20:

Source File: C:\home\site\wwwroot\index.aspx.vb Line: 18

Stack Trace:

[IndexOutOfRangeException: Index 0 is either negative or above rows count.]
System.Data.DataView.GetRow(Int32 index) +1893578
System.Data.DataView.get_Item(Int32 recordIndex) +14
index.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\home\site\wwwroot\index.aspx.vb:18
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +97
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +61
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +693

Accessing the forum (on Firefox for iOS and Windows) works without a hiccup.
eutychus
2020-05-25T21:14:12Z
Is it okay now?
PopKorn Kat
2020-05-26T00:56:41Z
Sorry for not replying earlier. It was working a few minutes after you posted that, but not now. I get this error message:

Quote:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 16: getRandomVideo()
Line 17: Dim dvOptions As DataView = CType(sql_options.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments.Empty), DataView)
Line 18: If dvOptions.Count > 0 Then
Line 19: random_screenshots_box.Visible = dvOptions(0)("show_random_screenshots")
Line 20: random_video_box.Visible = dvOptions(0)("show_random_video")

Source File: C:\home\site\wwwroot\index.aspx.vb Line: 18

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
index.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\home\site\wwwroot\index.aspx.vb:18
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +97
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +61
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +693

eutychus
2020-05-26T12:35:25Z
It should be good now. Let me know if you're still experiencing any issues.

One thing I've been working on is the ability for you to change the layout of the front page. It's only available for moderators, researchers and subscribers right now. You can find a link under "My IAD > My Options." Try it out and let me know what you think.
PopKorn Kat
2020-05-26T16:12:40Z
The "Options" menu exists, but when I access it, I get...nothing. No errors, just nothing where I assume options are supposed to be. I'm using Firefox for Windows 10 right now, by the way.
eutychus
2020-05-26T18:47:14Z
Originally Posted by: PopKorn Kat 

The "Options" menu exists, but when I access it, I get...nothing. No errors, just nothing where I assume options are supposed to be. I'm using Firefox for Windows 10 right now, by the way.

Whoops! There's always one thing I forget to do. Try it now!

PopKorn Kat
2020-05-26T19:23:59Z
It works! Disabled the random screenshot and video options works, as does reducing the amount of recently added video releases. Reducing the amount of recent entry ratings doesn't appear to do anything; I set it to "5" and I still see ten.
eutychus
2020-05-26T19:27:09Z

It works! Disabled the random screenshot and video options works, as does reducing the amount of recently added video releases. Reducing the amount of recent entry ratings doesn't appear to do anything; I set it to "5" and I still see ten.

Yep. That part I'm still working on but I had to put in the selector first. Thanks!
The Master
2020-05-27T05:52:42Z
I can't see any of the posts with new update. I can access the different threads but no posts are shown. This is witch chrome on Linux.
PopKorn Kat
2020-05-28T05:11:04Z
I tried to move a topic from one forum to another, but the screen darkens and nothing shows up. I assume a pop-up allowing you to choose where the thread should go is supposed to appear, but that is not the case.

Firefox on macOS. I have several extensions enabled, such as uBlock Origin (disabled for this site) and a Facebook-blocking one, but they shouldn't interfere with the site's functionality at all.
eutychus
2020-05-28T10:36:48Z

I tried to move a topic from one forum to another, but the screen darkens and nothing shows up. I assume a pop-up allowing you to choose where the thread should go is supposed to appear, but that is not the case.

Firefox on macOS. I have several extensions enabled, such as uBlock Origin (disabled for this site) and a Facebook-blocking one, but they shouldn't interfere with the site's functionality at all.

Do this: go to the temp site (http://mfoxweb-001-site16.mysitepanel.net/forum/) and try it there and let me know if the same thing happens.

PopKorn Kat
2020-05-28T17:54:29Z
On the temp site, I did indeed get a prompt telling me where to move the thread and things.
eutychus
2020-05-28T18:24:50Z

On the temp site, I did indeed get a prompt telling me where to move the thread and things.

Okay, I'll keep the temp site up so you can do things there until I can get things unraveled here.
PopKorn Kat
2020-06-03T19:12:21Z
Links to profiles on the topic index don't appear to work properly; they do nothing when clicked on.

The search function also doesn't seem to do anything. That, or I just don't know how to use it.
Mesterius
2020-06-04T08:27:55Z
Originally Posted by: Toadette 

Mmm, posts still don't show up when I click on a thread while using Safari on iOS. (Desktop works fine, and PopKorn Kat says Firefox on iOS works as well.)

Also, I can't give posts "Thanks" on Desktop, albeit it worked on the alternate server you set up (that server did work on iOS Safari).

The "Thank" function still doesn't work on my end. I'm using Google Chrome, as I always have.

Mesterius
2020-06-04T12:54:47Z
Also, do we have to have avatars now for our user names to display tidily in comments? Seems like an unnecessary hassle.
eutychus
2020-06-06T21:30:04Z
The "ratings" adjustment should work now.

There will be more news about the site and what we're going to be doing about the recent troubles tomorrow.
Mesterius
2020-06-08T21:35:11Z
Originally Posted by: eutychus 

The "ratings" adjustment should work now.

There will be more news about the site and what we're going to be doing about the recent troubles tomorrow.

By ratings adjustment, do you mean the "Thank" function? Still doesn't work here.