Similar titles for different cartoons - Forum.
speedy fast
2017-01-10T19:52:16Z

There's a number of very similar titles that were given to multiple cartoons.Let's list such similar titles.

*Wise Quacks and Wise Quackers (would "The Wise Quacking Duck" qualify as well?)
*Porky's Duck Hunt and Daffy Duck Hunt
*Hare Conditioned and Heir Conditioned
*I Taw a Putty Tat and the more recent I Tawt I Taw a Putty Tat
*Kit for Kat and Trip for Tat
*Kitty Kornered and Catty Cornered

Additionally, there have been multiple cartoons with the exact same title:
*A Haunting We Will Go (one with Casper, another with Daffy, Speedy, and Witch Hazel)
*Dumb Patrol (one with Bosko, one with Bugs and Yosemite Sam)
*Injunn Trouble (one with Porky, another with Cool Cat)

What else has there been?
PopKorn Kat
2017-01-10T20:11:25Z
  • The Bandmaster (1931, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Lantz) and The Bandmaster (1947, Andy Panda, Lantz). Don't forget Band Master (1930, Krazy Kat, Columbia/Mintz).
  • There was also A Haunting We Will Go (1939, Li'l Eightball, Lantz).

Pokey J.Anti-Blockhead
2017-01-11T15:51:32Z
WB's one-shot 1952 "There Auto be a Law" and for TV, Hal Seeger's Penny Penguin cartoon with that title. Just to give a few.
Pokey J.Anti-Blockhead
2017-01-11T15:54:56Z
"A Bear for Punishment" (1951), WB, with the Three Bears and (1959-60) HB, with Yogi, Boo Boo, and Ranger

(On a similiar note, cartoon and sitcom, and one of the most cartoonish ones, "Feed the Kitty" (1951 again), also WB, and the original live-action
UA-TV "Gilligan's Island"(1966) when a lion washes ashore the island. Coincidentally, WB has HB and (thanks to Turner Broadcasting)a few UA stuff like Gilligan. Bye the way, know that Phil Silvers who guested starred was a producer on that?)

wiley207
2017-01-11T18:00:55Z
How about "Fast and Furry-Ous" with Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner, and "The Fast and the Furry" with Tom and Jerry.
(Seriously, that was a dumb move on Warner Bros.'s part to give a Tom and Jerry movie a similar name to one of their Looney Tunes shorts. What next, "What's Opera, Tom?")
speedy fast
2017-01-12T05:21:07Z
Originally Posted by: wiley207 

How about "Fast and Furry-Ous" with Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner, and "The Fast and the Furry" with Tom and Jerry.
(Seriously, that was a dumb move on Warner Bros.'s part to give a Tom and Jerry movie a similar name to one of their Looney Tunes shorts. What next, "What's Opera, Tom?")

I thought the same thing when Disney released a movie titled Dinosaur, when the company already put out a television series titled Dinosaurs. Maybe the general public pretty much forgot about the show at the time (or maybe they thought so, or maybe they forgot), but at the time, i saw it unexcuseable.

speedy fast
2017-02-17T18:37:12Z

I recently saw that there was an Oswald cartoon called Harem Scarem, which came out almost a decade before Warner Bros.' Hare 'Em Scare 'Em.
Pokey J.Anti-Blockhead
2017-02-18T03:21:45Z
Originally Posted by: speedy fast 

Originally Posted by: wiley207 

I thought the same thing when Disney released a movie titled Dinosaur, when the company already put out a television series titled Dinosaurs. Maybe the general public pretty much forgot about the show at the time (or maybe they thought so, or maybe they forgot), but at the time, i saw it unexcuseable.

And live-action, in 2001 Universal started one of Hollywood's most successful flick franchises (and gave Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodridriquez, the late, lamented Paul Walker, and Jordana Brewster stardom with "Fast and Furious",with yet a post-Walker chapter!)

Pokey J.Anti-Blockhead
2017-02-20T04:26:25Z
The various one-shot Harman-Ising 1939-1941 MGM cute animal "little" cartoons"("Goldfish","Ceasario","Mole","Gravel Voicde",etc.)

WB's 40s one offs "Hop, Skip and a chumP" and "A Hick, a Slick, and a Chick",and
3 Bears "Bee-Devililed Bruin" and
Tazmanian Devil/Bugs Bunny Bedevilled Rabbit".

Hanna-Barbera's Flintstones "Long Long Weekend","Long Long Long Weekend", (the Gazoo Jetsons like one)in turn the earlier live theatrical iconic Desilu I Love Lucy episode with the famous NYC George Washington bridge background still.

R. Araya
2017-02-21T05:16:57Z
"Chew-Chew Baby" The first one: [woody], Lantz, '45. The second one was a 1959 Paramount cartoon.
rodineisilveira
2017-02-21T15:05:52Z
Originally Posted by: speedy fast 

There's a number of very similar titles that were given to multiple cartoons.Let's list such similar titles.

*Wise Quacks and Wise Quackers (would "The Wise Quacking Duck" qualify as well?)
*Porky's Duck Hunt and Daffy Duck Hunt
*Hare Conditioned and Heir Conditioned
*I Taw a Putty Tat and the more recent I Tawt I Taw a Putty Tat
*Kit for Kat and Trip for Tat
*Kitty Kornered and Catty Cornered

Additionally, there have been multiple cartoons with the exact same title:
*A Haunting We Will Go (one with Casper, another with Daffy, Speedy, and Witch Hazel)
*Dumb Patrol (one with Bosko, one with Bugs and Yosemite Sam)
*Injunn Trouble (one with Porky, another with Cool Cat)

What else has there been?

There are two Pixie & Dixie episodes - one of the segments from The Huckleberry Hound Show (Hanna-Barbera/Columbia Pictures, 1958-62) - which have identical titles to the ones quoted above: Kit Kat Kit (1958-59, involving the Mr. Jinks' robot-cat) and A Wise Quack (1960-61, involving a Yakky Doodle prototype).