New Looney Tunes shorts being added to Boomerang's rotation- Page 7 - Forum.
DVDLooney
2016-08-13T22:18:15Z
So much for getting excited for Piker's Peak. Someone in management must really want the viewers of Boomerang to watch the same 100 or shorts over and over again. Just like Daffy Duck says and I quote: "What a revoltin' development this is!" [daffy]
LuckyToon
2016-08-13T23:01:31Z
If I was working at Cartoon Network or Boomerang on their airings of the classic Looney Tunes, I would air several more Looney Tunes and even bring back the MGM cartoons for the Tom & Jerry program and rename it "Tom & Jerry and Friends".
OutOfOdor
2016-08-14T00:40:49Z
Originally Posted by: LuckyToon 

If I was working at Cartoon Network or Boomerang on their airings of the classic Looney Tunes, I would air several more Looney Tunes and even bring back the MGM cartoons for the Tom & Jerry program and rename it "Tom & Jerry and Friends".

I actually recall Boomerang used to show "The Cat Who Hated People", "Bad Luck Blackie", and "The House of Tomorrow" on the T&J block. Why they'd show Avery during then , I'll never know.
"With all respect to the great mousetrap."- Popeye, "The Spinach Overture" (1935)
rodineisilveira
2016-08-16T16:46:46Z
Originally Posted by: Looney Turtles 

This thread has been updated with the date for "Bartholomew Versus the Wheel" being added.

Now I'm really curious to see what will be next.

I remember this short was based in a tale written and drawn by James Thurber (who drew during many years to The New Yorker magazine).
It was directed by Robert McKimson in 1963.

rodineisilveira
2016-08-16T17:17:41Z

Here in Brazil, Boomerang broadcasts frequently the Looney Tunes shorts and Tom & Jerry shorts (from the classical period of the movies). But they don't broadcast the MGM shorts (which include other MGM characters, besides Tom & Jerry).
Cartoon Network (Brazil) also broadcasts the classic Tom & Jerry shorts.
Tooncast (Brazil & Latin America) broadcasts frequently these same attractions, plus the MGM cartoons.

Looney Turtles
2016-08-17T23:51:38Z
Boomerang airing these rarely seen shorts clearly shows they have more shorts in their library than just the ones they always air. It really makes you wonder why they don't air more shorts from their library regularly.
Feel free to check out my new Looney Tunes board here: http://s15.zetaboards.co...ooney_Tunes_Board/index/ 
LuckyToon
2016-08-18T03:56:58Z

Boomerang airing these rarely seen shorts clearly shows they have more shorts in their library than just the ones they always air. It really makes you wonder why they don't air more shorts from their library regularly.

I'm with you on that, and like I said before, if I was working for CN and Boomerang airings, I would normally show many of the classic Looney Tunes like before And I would also put in 2 additional Looney Tunes programs, like one that's similar to The Merrie Melodies Show and The Daffy Duck Show from the 70's showcasing only Daffy Duck, Speedy Gonzales, and assorted nuts and one-shot cartoons. And one similar to Late Night Black & White that would only feature black & white Looney Tunes all shown in their original black and white presentations.
nickramer
2016-08-20T01:25:07Z
I still wish "TCM" had the rights to show Looney Tunes on their channel again.
Looney Turtles
2016-08-20T02:34:34Z
I wish other channels had the rights to air Looney Tunes again in general. Like Nickeloden. But even then they would most likely just air Looney Tunes on the sister channel, Nicktoons, these days, which they had aired the movie Space Jam on before.
Feel free to check out my new Looney Tunes board here: http://s15.zetaboards.co...ooney_Tunes_Board/index/ 
Pokey J.Anti-Blockhead
2016-08-20T14:44:24Z

I wish other channels had the rights to air Looney Tunes again in general. Like Nickeloden. But even then they would most likely just air Looney Tunes on the sister channel, Nicktoons, these days, which they had aired the movie Space Jam on before.

Uh, Nicktoons?

(Like that's a CN sister channel? 🙂 )
PorkyPigfan90
2016-08-20T15:19:05Z
There needs to be a channel that treats classic cartoons with the same love and respect that TCM treats it's classic films.
VoiceTalentBrendan
2016-08-20T15:32:21Z
Originally Posted by: PorkyPigfan90 

There needs to be a channel that treats classic cartoons with the same love and respect that TCM treats it's classic films.

I agree
Looney Turtles
2016-08-21T03:03:20Z
Originally Posted by: Pokey J.Anti-Blockhead 

Uh, Nicktoons?

No, Nicktoons is a sister channel of Nickelodeon. My point was that I wish Nickelodeon had the rights to air Looney Tunes shorts again, but if they ever did regain the rights, it would probably just air on Nicktoons, rather than Nickelodeon's main channel.

LuckyToon
2016-08-21T14:07:23Z

Uh, Nicktoons?

No, Nicktoons is a sister channel of Nickelodeon. My point was that I wish Nickelodeon had the rights to air Looney Tunes shorts again, but if they ever did regain the rights, it would probably just air on Nicktoons, rather than Nickelodeon's main channel.

If it did happen, then they would be showing the Speedy Gonzales cartoons, and all of the post-1964 Looney Tunes on TV oftenly again like what they did in the 90's, and they would also be showing for the first time the pre-1948 Looney Tunes.
rodineisilveira
2016-08-22T19:48:35Z
Alias, the post-1961 Speedy Gonzales shorts and the post-1961 Looney Tunes (minus Bugs Bunny) were reunited in a compilation titled The Merrie Melodies Show, which Warner produced for TV in 1972.
And this compilation was broadcasted frequently here in Brazil, into the 70s and 80s.
This show had a closing theme song (composed and conducted by William Lava), which had a Latin beat, from a Speedy Gonzales short from 1967 (directed by Alex Lovy), whose begining showed Speedy and his pals, who were doing the preparatives for a fiesta. But a certain somebody would appear to give an end on that fiesta with a rain-making machine: Daffy Duck.

Looney Turtles
2016-08-23T03:14:45Z

Uh, Nicktoons?

If it did happen, then they would be showing the Speedy Gonzales cartoons, and all of the post-1964 Looney Tunes on TV oftenly again like what they did in the 90's, and they would also be showing for the first time the pre-1948 Looney Tunes.

They already air a select few pre-1948 shorts on Boomerang regularly, such as "Duck Soup to Nuts", "Yankee Doodle Daffy", "Baseball Bugs" "Bugs Bunny Rides Again", "Walky Talky Hawky" and "Crowing Pains", among a few others. But yeah, then, we would see a lot more pre-1948 shorts, along with the Speedy Gonzales and Seven Arts shorts. I hope it happens sometime.
Pokey J.Anti-Blockhead
2016-08-23T04:51:53Z

Uh, Nicktoons?

Yeah, I know, I was being sarcastic.
Looney Turtles
2016-09-20T05:07:17Z
Okay, so I just took the time to do some counting, and there's 316 shorts (give or take a few, in case I missed any, or added any by mistake) that regularly air on Boomerang. 22 of them are from the pre-1948 package. In addition, there's about 15 or so shorts that used to air as part of the rotation (since 2011), but no longer do.

This is quite a bit more than it seems, probably due to the fact that just keep airing them over and over. With a little over 1000 shorts in existence, this is a little less than 1/3 of them.

Maybe soon, I'll also post a full list of all the shorts that regularly air.
Looney Turtles
2018-12-30T06:50:28Z
Hey there, it's been a while.

The Looney Tunes short "A Cat's Tale" is going to air on January 4th at the 10 AM feed. That short hasn't aired in many years. In addition, "Big House Bunny" is airing on the 2nd, which doesn't air on Boomerang very often either.

Source: https://looneytunes.fand...s_TV_Tracker?diff=180006 
Toonatic
2018-12-30T07:24:18Z
I take this with a grain of salt, being its from a wiki.