Your Ideas for the Future of the IAD- Page 2 - Forum.
DerekS
2020-05-09T18:16:35Z
Here's an idea - How about a "soundtrack" page that lists all the songs heard in the cartoon?

e.g. "0:00-0:12; Merrily We Roll Along by Eddie Cantor, Charles Tobias, and Murray Mencher"

If one were to click on the song name, they'd either be taken to the Wikipedia page of the song or a YouTube video of the song.
EmiozunaToonz
2020-05-10T20:16:23Z
While obviously not a feature, I have the feeling that we should add more Japanese anime titles (I took on the "Dragon Ball" franchise, for example).
eutychus
2020-05-10T21:36:48Z
Originally Posted by: kintutoons32 

Could we possibly have a filmography of every page that has screenshots from the earliest released onward?

We already do that: https://www.intanibase.c...d_screenshots/index.aspx 

eutychus
2020-05-10T21:38:47Z
Originally Posted by: PopKorn Kat 

Technical thingamajigs I'd like to see implemented. I don't know if these two ideas are currently possible, but with this influx of new users, it would be a good idea to:

• Link to the rules in several visible locations (i.e., upon account creation, at the top of the forum--be sure it can be dismissed!). Currently, I have it pinned in one of the general boards, and unlike the old GAC there doesn't appear to be a way to make it an announcement.

Probably the best idea is to put a link at the top of each of the forum pages. I'll see what I can do.

Quote:

• Trying to double-post within a certain amount of time (72 hours?) will result in a message saying something among the lines of "Warning! The last post in this thread was made by you [time] ago. Making multiple posts in a row is discouraged. Consider editing your previous post instead." It can be overridden should the poster deem it necessary.
  • Trying to post in a thread that hasn't been posted in for thirty days will pop up a message reading something like "Warning! This thread has not been posted in for ___ days/months/years/etc. Please make sure your reply is constructive and brings something to the table."

• I don't think I can do those. They're both good ideas but it would require monkeying around with the forum software which could be very problematic.

eutychus
    2020-05-10T21:41:21Z
    Originally Posted by: DerekS 

Here's an idea - How about a "soundtrack" page that lists all the songs heard in the cartoon?

e.g. "0:00-0:12; Merrily We Roll Along by Eddie Cantor, Charles Tobias, and Murray Mencher"

If one were to click on the song name, they'd either be taken to the Wikipedia page of the song or a YouTube video of the song.

That's already included on the page for a specific cartoon. See an example here: https://www.intanibase.c...D=1654#page=general_info 

We also have a reverse search to see all the places a song has been used: https://www.intanibase.com/iad_music/index.aspx 

eutychus
    2020-05-10T21:46:01Z
    Originally Posted by: EmiozunaToonz 

While obviously not a feature, I have the feeling that we should add more Japanese anime titles (I took on the "Dragon Ball" franchise, for example).

That's completely up to the researchers and whoever wants to work on it. My own project is trying to get all the Hanna Barbera releases posted, but anime is welcome on the site so if anyone wants to do it, feel free!

dudeman316
    2020-05-14T13:47:08Z
    have you considered a mobile app?
    kintutoons32
    2020-06-13T14:18:05Z
    Some technology that can be used to improve screenshots' qualities.
    PopKorn Kat
    2020-06-14T04:00:50Z

I'm curious to know what you mean by this. I've read it a couple times now and I still don't entirely get it. I feel "improving screenshots' qualities" would start with, for example, taking shots from a high-quality source file to begin with?

(I've read there's programs that can upscale images, though I'm concerned they'll create an inaccurate representation of the cartoon.)
    nickramer
    2020-06-17T14:30:00Z

I'm curious to know what you mean by this. I've read it a couple times now and I still don't entirely get it. I feel "improving screenshots' qualities" would start with, for example, taking shots from a high-quality source file to begin with?

(I've read there's programs that can upscale images, though I'm concerned they'll create an inaccurate representation of the cartoon.)

I agree. I'm one of those people that don't get the difference between regular screenshots and HD screenshots in some of our pages. They all look the same to me.
    kintutoons32
    2020-06-27T12:14:02Z
    Originally Posted by: nickramer 

I agree. I'm one of those people that don't get the difference between regular screenshots and HD screenshots in some of our pages. They all look the same to me.

What I meant was see if we could find a way to fix up a screenshot's clarity.
    PopKorn Kat
    2020-06-27T18:55:06Z

What I meant was see if we could find a way to fix up a screenshot's clarity.

I feel that anything involving image-editing would be outside the scope of the website's software. It might be doable in an external program like Photoshop, but I'm concerned that trying to "improve the clarity" of, say, a compressed YouTube video would just make things look worse. A better idea would be to use high-quality source material for screenshots in the first place.
    OutOfOdor
    2020-06-27T19:06:59Z
    In terms of the forums, personally I wouldn't mind seeing a "what's that cartoon?" forum like the Big Cartoon Database has, or at least a pinned thread on the subject somewhere.
    "With all respect to the great mousetrap."- Popeye, "The Spinach Overture" (1935)
    Toonatic
    2020-06-28T06:28:33Z
    I have one:

Every once in a while a character will have 2 voice actors in the same episode/short (kind of hard to explain, but The Amazing World of Gumball episodes "The Kids" and "The Copycats" are two good examples). My suggestion would be a multiple option which can allow us to add additional voice actors to the character. This can also be useful if we wanted to add an voice actor who voiced a character internationally (primarily English actors for dubs of Japanese productions).

For the latter, we would have to do the work of course. We add the country and if we wanted to, note(s) in order to tell the reader this actor voiced this character in the UK while this one voice the same one in the US.

Perhaps maybe this would work better if they were 2 separate options (to avoid confusion).
    eutychus
    2020-06-28T21:11:08Z
    Originally Posted by: Toonatic 

I have one:

Every once in a while a character will have 2 voice actors in the same episode/short (kind of hard to explain, but The Amazing World of Gumball episodes "The Kids" and "The Copycats" are two good examples). My suggestion would be a multiple option which can allow us to add additional voice actors to the character. This can also be useful if we wanted to add an voice actor who voiced a character internationally (primarily English actors for dubs of Japanese productions).

For the latter, we would have to do the work of course. We add the country and if we wanted to, note(s) in order to tell the reader this actor voiced this character in the UK while this one voice the same one in the US.

Perhaps maybe this would work better if they were 2 separate options (to avoid confusion).

I like the idea. I know it's been mentioned before. I'll just have to try and find a way to implement it.