Information and Issues Concerning Covid-19 - Forum.
eutychus
2020-03-21T20:44:12Z
Dear Friends,

There are a few issues dealing with the Covid-19 epidemic that affect this website that I felt I should share with you.

Firstly, I hope that everyone here is staying healthy and well and that the virus doesn't hit anyone. Do what you have to do to stay safe and well!

One of the issues I need to deal with is my regular job. We are currently the only store open in the mall we are attached to and since I run the OTC pharmacy department, suffice it to say, my role at the store has become much more important and the hours I have to work have increased. So, the time that I have to devote to this isn't as available as I would like it to be. I will be keeping up with daily updates and our regular screenshot schedule, but I may not be able to do much more.

Where this may affect us more is the new "requested screenshots" function that I just installed. It's going to be more difficult to get around to them. If you want to help out, I've made the list available to the researchers. You can find the link on your Researchers Functions index.

Finally, one thing that concerns me greatly is that since the Covid-19 pandemic broke out, our ad revenue has dropped precipitously. I don't know if this is because advertisers are staying away now or for some other reason. But if it doesn't improve I may have to look for other income methods (donations, subscriptions or whatever...) to keep this site going. If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know, but right now it's troubling considering that it may not be financially feasible to keep the site going.

That's it. Everyone stay well!

Yours,

Patrick
BobbyS
2020-03-21T22:47:36Z
I understand. Please stay safe.
kintutoons32
2020-03-22T00:07:26Z
Don't worry Patrick! We'll all band together and help each other out, come what may!

And that's a promise worth keeping!